New Zealand Domestic Season

Congrats Howsie.

Dunno what went wrong for Canterbury. 8 losses from 10 games is a shocker of a record. They lost some real close ones. Final ball stuff. But the top order just didn't fire and injuries hurt badly with McMillan missing the majority, Harris being unallowed to play (ridiculous) and Bondy of course out.

I do believe though Shane Bond will be playing the next OD game for Canterbury. Maybe the one after. But I think he's pretty close.

Last edited:
Cheers guys :)

You pretty much summed up Canterbury's campaign in one word, injuries. Losing guys like Bond and McMillan was always going to hurt. Plus let's not forget they didn't have the services of Corey Anderson due to injury and the under 19 world cup.

I was reading today that Trent Boult should be back for the one day comp next week. He missed the entire HRV cup because he began to feel the stiffness in his back come back just after Christmas so the ND staff ruled him out.

You could say the same thing about Wellington's campaign probably even more so. Ryder, Elliott, Gillespie, O'Brien even Boam would have been better than some of that useless lot.

Also grats Howsie time to ban a few certain Indian members? ;)

Exactly. Both Wellington and Canterbury didn't have the depth to cover the losses. I still think though, without the injuries we under-performed. The top order were on first in the OD stuff and in the T20's Nicol was really the only one making runs.

Any video highlights of the match? Or at least Taylor's innings? Sounds absolutely insane.

Is their any chance we are actually going to get a second team in the CT???
I heard them mention it in the commentary, that Vaughn was trying to, but has anyone heard any official news on this???

I think it was just wishful thinking, I very much doubt that Vaughan has even asked yet. We would need our representative in the CL to do quite well for that to happen though, or for Modi to just get greedy and invite more teams.

Modi get greedy? He's already greedy enough. lol. Lets face it, we're New Zealand. Always written off, no one cares about our teams. We'll only ever have 1. Look at how Otago went last yer too. On the basis of that, we don't deserve a second I hate to admit.

I think we should just form a super team. A bunch of good players (Vettori, McCullum) should suddenly join CD or wherever to make one of our sides stronger.

Ross Taylor has qualified for the Champion's league twice already. Victoria will be sad they won't have his services.

I was just thinking RCB, Ross Taylor's IPL team will probably want him come the CL (if they make it again of course) I'd bet they'd be willing to pay a lot of money to be able to use him during the tournament and if Otago was in talks with NSW to let McCullum play for them for 200,000 I'm sure Taylor will get a whole lot more.

CD would probably get 300,000+ and that's already more then just showing up, would you "sell" him for that much?

Looks like the weather should hold of today down in Wellington. We should put them away :p

Bond is meant to be returning today for Canterbury. Good luck to him.

Gillespie is playing for Wellington too I hear.

And Diremanti is playing for CD as a batsman only.

Will be an interesting day of cricket all-round.

Good news all round then, should be exciting.

Ari added 16 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Nice start Arnel 4 wides then a wicket.

Is that Chan Sonny Chan by any chance?

And it's good to see Michael Pollard get a game.

Cricinfo says Sunnie Chan can't imagine to many people have that name so I am going to go with yes.

Users who are viewing this thread