New Zealand Domestic Season

Cricinfo says Sunnie Chan can't imagine to many people have that name so I am going to go with yes.

I've always wondered what happened to him, he just sort of fell of the face of the earth. It's been over three years since he last played domestic cricket.

Any reason why Bopara isn't playing today? Just about all the other internationals are.

He played for Canterbury a few seasons ago I believe.

Look like Diremanti didn't make the cut haha.

Any reason why Bopara isn't playing today? Just about all the other internationals are.

Maybe he was dropped/sent home for being so disappointing.

Great to see SE Bond on the Canterbury scorecard. Hope he does well. Hopefully McKay or someone I don't care about gets injured so Bond can join the Black Caps squad. Kinda wanna see him destroy Bangladesh.

The selectors might be being a bit careful with him, but he should have been in the ODI squad, even if he misses the T20. Coulda still played for Canterbury today. Heck, even if he was only played in the last 2 ODIs he was worth selecting.

Last edited:
Neeshams playing :D He's going to be such a good cricketer for us in the future, hope he gets a decent bat for Auckland today.

Edit: Yeah Bopara hasn't been "bad" but he really hasn't been that good. He has had a pretty good one day season so far though.

Howsie added 12 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Haha wow what a start from Aldridge, four overs, three maidens, one run and one wicket. Wellington will need Shah to perform today I think.

Wellington are struggling against ND, 20/3 with Aldridge having figures of 4-3-1-1 haha

Not as bad as Canterbury, 57/6!!!!

Last edited:
Shah and Nevin have done quite well really. We'll be forced to bowl Devcich and Williamson for at least five overs each so they should look to up the scoring rate when the come on.

Canterbury aren't going to have many runs to defend. Then again, the conditions might be a bit dodgy so Bond might work his magic. Still 61/7 is pretty horrid.

Miles Davis is awesome my favourite person at radiosport. "Village of the damned" :laugh

Ari added 9 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Shah and Nevin have done quite well really.

Yea whenever I start to think Nevin should call it a day he comes up with a good innings which makes me change my mind. Horribly inconsistent player overall though.

I'd say there's some gremlins in the pitch in New Plymouth. The scoring rates of the players and the amount of wickets tends to suggest it. They just staged all the T20 stuff and have had some dodgy weather so they probably were unprepared with the pitch. Not impressed. But we'll see how Central go. Considering we have Martin and Bond, if the pitch is as bad as it seems I don't give Central much of a chance against those bowlers.

Oh and Miles Davis is a cock. Stupid pom.

McIntosh for a hundred!

Last edited:
Considering CD made 200 in a T20 down there a few days ago I find it hard to believe that its a <100 pitch.

Thompson gets his 6for and Canterbury bowled out for 77!!

We scored over 400 in our last OD innings so I find it hard to believe we'd get bowled out for 77 unless the pitch was poor.

We'll see. When average bowlers like Thompson get 6fers it must be a pretty horrid pitch.

edit: We were put into bat too. Suggests the pitch was pretty green

The guy who is on the radio says its the same pitch, plenty of pace and bounce still but no real demons in it. Bond should be a handful on that sort of pitch can't wait to see how he goes.

Users who are viewing this thread