New Zealand Domestic Season

I'm not sure why Redmond was ever dropped from the test side. Sure he probably isn't the right man for the job, but he deserved a few more games to prove himself considering his last innings was 80 odd vs Autralia

From the matches i've watched him in, he use to just flash the bat too much outside off, rather than taking the better option and leaving the ball.

I'd say unless Redmond, turns "Bradman Like" in the next few years, I highly doubt he'll play Test cricket again, though I don't mind him as a reserve limited overs batsman.

And Redmond's injured again. Well he retired injured at least. Northern did well bowling Wellington out for a low total but BJ Watling's already gone...

Just a real obvious and usual fact: Kane Williamson is batting good... Again:D

100 for Kane Williamson. That makes 10 scores of 70+ in his last 11 innings iirc, insane.

Could be a bolter for the test team perhaps.

Is there any reason they arent picking him for the National side? Besides his age? There are some real crap batsmen in the kiwi Test team right now (no offence) why the delay in his debut?

Is there any reason they arent picking him for the National side? Besides his age? There are some real crap batsmen in the kiwi Test team right now (no offence) why the delay in his debut?

They don't want to rush him. Also, these runs have come in the last month or so and the sides were picked for the latest series around a month ago. Next season he'll be a candidate for sure. There's a chance he'll be selected for tests against Australia. It's a scary place to debut though. A handful of 140-150k bowlers. Not many like that in NZ Domestic. Hes still learning his game.

He's probably going to get a double century. I hope he does. Unbelievable.

Nice jinx there Chris :p Still, 170 isn't a bad effort considering they bowled Wellington out for 190 and the highest score after Williamson for ND is 60.

Typical hahaha. Still, look at his knock and everyone else's scores. He's dominated on what seems like not the easiest pitch conditions.

I don't think Williamson is ready for the test team but ODI's for sure, that way we can kinda tell if he has what it takes. I'm guessing his name will come up in the 30 man t20 world cup squad.

and as soon as I say that I see the squad and he isn't there lol!

Last edited:
A 17 year old A Milne took four wickets on debut :O

I don't think Williamson is ready for the test team but ODI's for sure, that way we can kinda tell if he has what it takes. I'm guessing his name will come up in the 30 man t20 world cup squad.

and as soon as I say that I see the squad and he isn't there lol!

I don't even think Williamson was considered for the 30 man T20 squad.
Towards the end of the T20 season, he couldn't even make it into ND's number one XI.

A 17 year old A Milne took four wickets on debut :O

Adam Milne. Funny thing is he couldn't even make the New Zealand under 19 world cup team last month. Guess that shows some of the bowling talent that we are starting to get back.

Shanan Stewart's going well on 137*. Didn't he get a century last week too?

And Northern have wasted Wellington by 9 wickets :D

Yeah, he got one of the several that were scored last week :p Good to see him continue that good form though.

Great game for ND also, that must give us a pretty big lead now. Sucks that Williamson had to come out and bat though, that 6* ruins his runs :p

Users who are viewing this thread