New Zealand Domestic Season

If we get, Taylor, Sinclair, Oram, Griggs, Noema Barnett and Napier out we're fine. :laugh
I told you! :laugh
We better not screw this one up, shouldn't be too hard to make 116

Oram with the ball. Central are killing Otago.

The Canterbury v Wellington game is going to be close by the looks. The run rate has pulled back and wickets have fallen. Franklin and Shah are the dangerous pair.

Both games are heading down to the wire.
Oram's dominated the Otago batting line-up.

Looks like Wellington have given up on hitting 4's its 6's or nothing right now.

Easy win for Wellington, Shah really turned it on today. Otago need 12 of the last over with the number 11 at the crease.

We better not screw this one up, shouldn't be too hard to make 116
:spy :crying
Well that could cost Otago when it comes down to qualifying!
Poor batting, I might just blame Arafat, he failed again with the bat even though he bowled well. I like blaming him. :laugh
It's about time Darren Broom was dropped because he hasn't done anything since being selected.

Still can't believe a team can lose after being in that position, CD did bowl well but still.

Sounds just like the Pakistan match.

How close did we get in the end? The live report on the NZC site is useless.

Otago needed three runs of the last ball and they only got one.

Looks like Shah played a blinder :(

Shah was a joy to watch!!! Just got back from the Basin. From the moment he walked in he looked a class act. Interesting stance! Canterbury could have made it tougher if they had taken at least 3 run-out chances that came their way early on. Cold as ever in windy Welly but all in all a good evening of cricket!

What was the crowd like?

Pretty decent to be honest. There were a lot more there than I would have thought on a cold, blustery Wellingtonian early evening. Quite subdued though despite the win! I enjoyed Shah's innings and he will prove himself a firm favourite with the crowd if he continues to show such ease and class. Head and shoulders above anyone else to be frank, but I am a bit of a Shah fan-boy! Was nice to see all the players chatting with the crowd afterwards and signing autographs, including Shah. Good stuff. Nice atmosphere there at the Basin. A great place to watch cricket if you can get out of the wind a bit!

You would say that being a Pom. But it's good that you saw your fellow countryman perform well. Fleming wanted him because he really rates him as a T20 player. 7 sixes on the Basin is a pretty good effort. Canterbury just seem a bowler short. It's a shame Bond is injured else i'd say we'd have the best side.

Stewart played a pretty good innings. How did he look?

Also did Franklin look to be bowling very quick?

You would say that being a Pom. But it's good that you saw your fellow countryman perform well. Fleming wanted him because he really rates him as a T20 player. 7 sixes on the Basin is a pretty good effort. Canterbury just seem a bowler short. It's a shame Bond is injured else i'd say we'd have the best side.

Stewart played a pretty good innings. How did he look?

Also did Franklin look to be bowling very quick?

Franklin was very quick and looked in good nick I thought. Stewart played really well and was obviously the backbone of the Canterbury innings. They just lost there way a bit towards the end and wickets kept falling.

There was some pretty uncertain running as well and a number of times twos weren't taken that were there.

Burson had a shocker as did Martin to be fair: his last over was atrocious. Three or four wides and all over the shop. Nicol was the pick of the Canterbury bowlers and played really well and kept things tight at crucial times. Pretty easy in the end for the Firebirds though one has to say.

I thought Mcmillan, who needed a runner should have come off and let someone else have a go. He seemed to be holding things up because of his injury and it was obviously impeding his batting. They had enough wickets to spare and him staying out there took masses of momentum away.

These players are really desperate to play. McMillan carried that injury into the game. Looks like he's out, he won't be allowed a runner again. Big blow for us losing his power and experience. Guptill was in the same boat.

Users who are viewing this thread