New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

can somebody confirm who is most likely to play for australia is it watson or kreja and for newzealand tim southee or peter fulton ?

I wanna see Krejza picked, so that McCullum, How and Ryder can take him apart just to prove that his 12 wicket test match was a fluke. McCullum took apart Panesar when he had his eye in, so Krejza will get slaughtered. I've got the first 3 hours on Sky + before the England-India game starts, like watching Aussie cricket. The 3 man commentary team at a time is awesome, the likes of Nicholas, Benaud, Lawry etc. Probably be supporting Australia though, even if Johnson and Watson play.

If the Kiwis take in that attitude Krejza will be getting more than 12 wicket hauls a match. But I don't see the Kiwis trying to smash Krejza like the Indians did, so we will see both his economy and wickets going down.

And India might be a spin friendly place but opposition spinners have always struggled over there. Vettori, Murali, Warne, Monty all have very high bowling averages over there. Krejza is probably the first spinner in a long time to walk away from India with a bowling average less that 30 and what more taking 12 wickets in a match so he definitely shouldn't be underestimated.

When is the toss going to be? There are 33 minutes left for the start of the first Test.

I am guessing whoever wins the toss, will bowl first.

Hard to say with the Gabba pitch. It's hard to forget what happened to Vaughan when he won the toss and elected to bowl. I would say you want to lose the toss as whoever wins it is on a hiding to nothing.

Play won't start to 10.45am local time, so an hour time.

Teams have been announced, though Australia only unofficially. Krejza is twelfth man, so Watson will play.

For New Zealand,
How
Redmond
Ryder
Taylor
McCullum
Flynn
Elliott
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien
Martin

Edit: OK, Australian lineup is official now.

I can see where the selectors are coming from in picking Watson but he is not our 4th best paceman. If we wanted a seamer it should have been Hilfy who could exploited these conditions. Also Taylor is on the mark, we have picked our team to play for one day not the 5th day. Krejza could have been handy for the final few days but once again we are going into a Test match with no spinner.

Aus sent to bat,certainly they will be eying a score around 500 ,lets see.They will definately try to win here after loosing to India.Krejza left out,Watson in.

Vettori will be happy, Southee gets the big wicket of Hayden. Martin is looking alright too bowled a good ball to Katich just couldn't maintain that line and length the next ball.

The toss has worked, because Hayden is out. Big early breakthrough for New Zealand. I am not sure, but I think that New Zealand has never won a Test in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread