New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

I remember now what I've read:

'New Zealand have not won a Test in Australia for 23 years and have had only two successes here. Both those triumphs came in 1985, starting with Richard Hadlee's 15 wickets at the Gabba in conditions similar to this week's.'

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvnz2008/content/current/story/378781.html

Southee was abit unlucky not to pick Michael Clarke up, one edge wide of third slip and then another shot in the air past point.

Yeah, real unlucky. Clarke's day.

Southee's been brilliant. If you go back to the early pages I predicted he'd get a nice haul here and make a name for himself :)

Martin and O'Brien have been steady but not overly threatening.

Hussey is a great batsman, we need him badly. He's the only one who's looked good thus far. If we get Hussey before Tea we'll be in a great position. If Hussey bats the day then Australia will be on top. I rate the rest of Australia's batting as pretty handy but having Hayden, Ponting and the most in-form batter from India: Katich out is great!

Enjoying this so far!

So Aus 60/3 at lunch,good partnership developing here between M Clarke & M Hussey,Aus would like these two batsmen to stay till next session.

^^

Yeah Hussey looking good out there as always. We lost too many wickets in the first session but if these two can bat for 1-2 sessions , we will get a good score. Anything close to 300 would be pretty good in this pitch I reckon. The scene is set for Roy......

PS - Very impressive spell from young Southee

Southee Is a gun and still only 19. I think.

We definitly look on top here although With Aussie you never know whats going to happen

Good recovery by Australia.Simply a class by Hussey here.Good controlled innings by Clarke so far.He is really stopping himself to drive that ball on front foot.

Martin gets the big wicket of Hussey now. If there is a weakness in his game it's the ball just outside off stump going into him like the angle Martin did.

Here we go Roy back, and this certainly isn't a flat pitch for him to get free runs.

Southee you beauty!!

This is great work by the youngster.

Edit: is it Martin Bowling? Cricinfo says Southee. Ah. they fixed it now.

We need to get Roy out here early.

Hussey gone,Aus loose 4th wicket,Symonds out there now,all eyes will be on him,how he plays,because Aus needs him to stay on crease,also he is playing after some time,he is batting with his Vice captain who is batting very well...

Elliott starting to look good now. But I'm guessing his big test will be when he comes to bat. Similar to the pressure that is on Watson to perform with the bat 1st, the ball 2nd.

Ouch. 7 run Ball.

Whats happened there? Was it a bad throw?

Good Man O'brien! Symonds Was the danger man

O'brien strikes again! Maybe Krezja would have been a better idea

Last edited:
They ran four, and then McCullum tried to run them out and they got 4 overthrows. It was actually 8. I think cricinfo got it wrong. Either that or the tv's wrong. But Symond's out :)

Users who are viewing this thread