New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

For a guy that is the king of the pull shot he sure does get out quite a bit to it. That ball like the one at the Gabba should have been cut.

For a guy that is the king of the pull shot he sure does get out quite a bit to it. That ball like the one at the Gabba should have been cut.

Hussey's been lucky, missed a lot of Vettori edges and skied a few pullshots. You'd think a player averaging 65odd could give us a few favors and hit them/hit them to fielders.

Hehe Clarke stays at the other end for the last over of the day. Both Hussey and Clarke are looking good hopefully both can go on to make the 100.

We should look for a lead around 150-200. Hopefully Hauritz is fit enough to bowl in the 2 innings , I think he bowled pretty well. Very nice drift and bit of turn (I was expecting him to bowl darts). Lot of positves from this match so far. Lee almost back to his best, Haddin solid behind the stumps and Punter/Hayden looked good. Just need Symonds to make a big score now.

Another ton coming up for Mr.Cricket tomorrow. :D

Hauritz was on the field yesterday morning which is a good sign but couldn't bowl (until a later stage) because he was off the field for a certain amount of time.

Good day for Australia. Ponting never looked like getting out till he played that shot. I don't think Australia has enough in-form batsmen to get a 200 run lead, which would be like enforcing the follow-on though if Hussey and Clarke both get hundreds you never know.

Ok who keeps jinxing our batsmen! Another player out to the pull shot and it's the big wicket of Hussey.

Finally Haddin has a test match 50. Hes played the Gilly knock today taking the attack back to the Kiwis after we were looking shakey with those 2 wickets.

boy is Obrien going to get it when he comes out to bat. Lee is going to show some bouncers down his throat.

Finally Haddin showing the kind of batting he's been showing for NSW for the past few years. He and Clarke have done a fantastic job, and it looks like we are going to win this one comfortably.

Johnson should really be promoted, he looks so much more comfortable than Lee.
Congrats to Haddin on a well made maiden 100 and he looking at a 150.

Users who are viewing this thread