New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

I hope Australia can bat all today and at least 2.5 sessions tomorrow. Then we have a decent chance at a draw. Australia aren't going to get less runs.

Great bowling for Australia in summary. Lee has got his 50th wicket in the calendar year, and 300th career wicket. He bowled excellent yesterday afternoon and this morning.

We bowled well as a team generally, happy with that performance. Haddin kept really well, more relaxed this game, that should shut up his critics, for a while at least.

Good batting by Hayden and Katich. they are very confident.

Drop Katich. Even his since he came back into the side Hayden's form and luck has gone astray.

It's official, I hate Simon Katich.

Redmond will get a wicket in this innings. You heard it here first.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he did. Since they didn't pick Patel, they'd bowl his part time leggies.

Come on Vettori, destroy the Aussies! Looks like spin's going o be the way to go as this test progresses. Vettori got that one to spin from the footmarks a bit. Wonderful bowling as always.

Argh yet another Aussie run out. Good bowling by Vettori to get Katich he was looking really good too.

Ponting will get a hundred, you can tell. He looks good. Wouldn't be surprised if Hueey piled on some runs also.

The only way I see these two getting out is through an error on their part. Kiwi bowlers now starting to feel how flat the wicket is.

Come on Vettori, destroy the Aussies! Looks like spin's going o be the way to go as this test progresses. Vettori got that one to spin from the footmarks a bit. Wonderful bowling as always.
Exactly, I don't know why they left Patel out. The quicks are all looking for the same assistance from the pitch and none of them will get it. It's been said that if they had Oram, then they could afford to play a second spinner, but if they had Oram they'd already have the extra quality of his height and bounce. I expect Ryder to be as effective as anyone here, because he's not going to give them much to play off the back foot.

Exactly, no Oram makes it hard to select 2 spinners. The 3 seamers have all been about the same too, harsh dropping any of them when they bowled well as a unit in Brisbane.

Redmond should bowl a bit this session. He's got quite a lot of first class wickets and if he bowls well may be difficult to play.

@ irottev who you supporting now? gota pick one. cant say both

I support New Zealand obviously in NZ vs AUS games. I support both and watch both sides play whenever I can when they face other sides.

Trying to hit the ball over Fulton is a bad idea. He's a tower. Glad Ponting's gone, HUGE wicket!

Users who are viewing this thread