New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Too bad. I wanted chase of 240 now it will be 220 at max.

Well I think we are seeing the impact on T20 on Australia. All the batters now have the temperament to play 20 over matches!

Oh Hussey is usually the perfect man for the powerplay :( Nice slower ball by O'Brien, now we can see what sort of hitting Johnson has.

What powerplay. Ponting will be happy he did not took it at over 35.

This is more of bowling powerplay. Few lusty blows by Jhonny will be handy.

scion_sid added 7 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

MJ is looking more accomplished than top order.

That ends a very shocking batting display. Seems like we don't learn much from losses, all the signs were there from the last ODI yet we make the same mistakes and more.

Wow, what a display of bowling and fielding (captaincy too). Top notch from us! I'm chuffed. Would never ever have guessed we'd bowl them out for 181. Take that any day. HOWEVER! We have been known to throw away good situations like this. A few early wickets and we'll lose confidence. Tait and Johnson can do it. They're quick. We have a lot of new guys in the batting.

It's lucky Patel didn't have to bowl that last over. Vettori got caught with his pants down a little there. I wish he'd stop using Patel at the death. It doesn't work. Vettori's fields were excellent and the bowlers all bowled well. Good signs. We did miss a few run-outs for it to be perfect, but that's easily forgiven.

Dave Hussey was real unlucky. That was a real bad decision really. There must have been some kind of noise. Everyone seemed keen on it. Bad luck to him, it could cost him his place.

Now fingers crossed these new guys can pull through. Aussies want McCullum early otherwise those 181 runs will disappear quickly.

This is why Tait is in the team for these situations where we need him to rip through an opposition. Just don't think he is at his peak to be able to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread