New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

I guess the problem with Tait in these instances is he bowls wides every now and then. Bracken won't give much away, I doubt he'll get hammered for 7 runs an over again. He's too good not to bounce back. If Mills bowled well, Bracken should too. Similar bowlers.

I'm nervous about this. Whenever we become favorites we screw up.

Kyle Mills is a fantastic bowler. Really under-rated. His pitch map was outstanding. Him and Bond would easily have been the best opening bowling combo in the world if he was playing. If Mills picks up some more wickets this series he could find himself on top of the rankings.

Vettori could've used Elliott to bowl the last over...

Disgusting batting:mad:

But I am glad Hussey is back to his old form:D,I am also proud of Haddin and MJ
for scoring more runs than half the top order put together.

That ends a very shocking batting display. Seems like we don't learn much from losses, all the signs were there from the last ODI yet we make the same mistakes and more.
Probably because there's not much to be learned. It's not like they're all new kids, they know they're making mistakes, they know they're doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Probably because there's not much to be learned. It's not like they're all new kids, they know they're making mistakes, they know they're doing it wrong.

Yet they keep doing the same thing over and over? Numerous times even during the Test series we were getting run out and at crucial stages. It's about time they learnt how to run between the wickets again.

Bad luck to McCullum clear inside edge but we will take it.

Australia need to get their batting order done up. Get some more young blood in the order which will enable us to breed some more ponting's. It's the only way we are gonna get anywhere.

Marsh, Hussey, Warner and Haddin makes it 4 out of 7 batsman. How many young ones you want?

Marsh does his hammy, didn't look good the way he just suddenly collapsed. Could be the opening for Katich or even Hughes.

Should be pretty easy for NZ. Ball will stop swinging, Tait will tire and they'll have to eventually use some of their more defensive bowlers.

Johnson's lbw shout against Guptil was possibly one of the best deliveries he's ever bowled; naturally it was not anywhere near as dangerous as a wide half volley.

angryangy added 5 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Second wicket, level pegging. The uneven bounce seems obvious now. Even though Australia utterly poleaxed themselves with run outs, I don't think NZ are going to wrap the game up before the 40th over.

Very nice bowling by Bracken and hes back to his early wicket taking ways. Now just need NZ two commit to run outs.

We're not looking good. I reckon we'll lose. That McCullum decision was disgusting. It was so obvious it's not funny. 1 each way, but ours was much more crucial. Our form batsman, second best batsman off a hundred second ball of the game.

Run-rate is slow and boring. We'll fold. There's no pressure on. You have to keep scoring runs in ODIs.

Run-rate is up to 4.22. Normal run rate almost. We screwed it. The umpire screwed it.

Last edited:
Don't know what Johnson is bowling but it looks like the ball is going into the batter. Certainly not going away like usual. And with that trend he picks up a wicket.

Yea I think we will lose it as well bowlers do their job but batters can never back it up. Doesn't help that we are light on batting also.

Users who are viewing this thread