New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

What a great cricket match that was. :) Really exciting.

Taylor, you beauty!

Awesome game, awesome finish.

Whoopee! Go the Black Caps. We can win without McCullum and Ryder doing it all!
Apparently Ponting is going to be 'rested' for the next ODI. Suddenly can't take losing?

I'm in agreeance with Ponting (for a change). As good as Hughes is, they're already fielding enough randoms and replacing Marsh with another new face would not be terribly helpful.

However, where are the old faces? Symonds, Hodge and Jaques are all coming back from injuries. If a senior player is going to return at Melbourne, I'm not sure there is any choice but Katich.

Are you also in agreeance with resting Ponting for the rest of the series ;)

A CAPTAIN is supposed to stay with a sinking ship, but Ricky Ponting will not play against New Zealand this Friday and may be out of the side for the rest of the series.
The selectors have decided to rest Australia's skipper for at least the next three games, fearing he will either drown on the deck or die of exhaustion from the constant call to man the pumps.

Ponting to put his feet up - Cricket - Fox Sports

Marsh also looks to be out for the series so 2 top order spots open. So Katich has to come back in now surely. Hodge I would only bring back if he can make the WC no point in coming back into this mess next year.

Good dam Haddin that cheeky bugger, got his glove infront of the stumps which knocked the bails off.

Haddin is a ****ing cheat. He's lucky we won, We deserved it after that. NOT in the spirit of the game. Disgraceful.

As for the game, our batting was horrible. Taylor and Broom though I have to say played fantastic. If not for CHEATING they could have got us home easier. Vettori and Patel did real well and Mills totally deserved MotM. Great with bat and ball.

Most fans should be happy, what should have been a hammering turned out to be a thriller. Who says ODI cricket is dead? We're getting more ties and last over wins than ever. It's fantastic. ODI > T20 any day.

Are you also in agreeance with resting Ponting for the rest of the series ;)

Ponting to put his feet up - Cricket - Fox Sports

Marsh also looks to be out for the series so 2 top order spots open. So Katich has to come back in now surely. Hodge I would only bring back if he can make the WC no point in coming back into this mess next year.

It is a really good decission to give rest Punter, great news is Mrash is out of the series :happy.

Broom should not have been out the way he was, but I don't think Haddin cheated. He would have been bowled if it had gone straight through anyway.

As I said before though, it was a great cricket match and it was really exciting.

3. Position of wicket-keeper
The wicket-keeper shall remain wholly behind the wicket at the striker's end from the moment the ball comes into play until
(a) a ball delivered by the bowler
either (i) touches the bat or person of the striker
or (ii) passes the wicket at the striker's end

or (b) the striker attempts a run.

You can see on his face afterwalds he knew damn well what he did too. He's a cheat. I've lost all my respect for him. He broke the rules of the game and then claimed a bowled when he knew 100% it wasn't. His keeping was crap too, gave us byes. Australia should drop him if not for cheating, for being ****.

Last edited:
just saw the highlights,

how come noone has mentioned the broom and haddin incident?
or is it considered sportsmanship nowadays for the aussies to do that?

Besides that unfortunate incident, I was highly impressed by Neil Broom. He looked very good in the field and looked very capable with the bat. He impressed me a lot last night.

Watching Guptill though, he needs to keep the ball on the ground. He hits a fair few balls at an easy catchable height, though that 6 he hit was one of tthe best shots of the match.

Also I hope this doesn't stop as well, this is great for cricket.

Last edited:
Haddin is an absolute disgrace. If I remember right, Greg Dyer's career ended abrubtly after an equally disgraceful incident in the 80's. Hopefully the same thing happens to this low life. Now Ponting has come out defending Haddin and saying that Vettori is in the wrong for "basically claiming he's a cheat". The evidence is pretty damning Ricky.

Haddin's reaction immediately after it happened says it all. How did this guy even become an international keeper when he gets his gloves in front of the stumps like that anyway?

just saw the highlights,

how come noone has mentioned the broom and haddin incident?
or is it considered sportsmanship nowadays for the aussies to do that?

I've mentioned it. I was fuming when I saw it live. I decided it best to stay off the forums. But honestly. He's a blatant cheat. He knew damn well he broke the stumps. The ball obviously was going over. Ponting's a disgrace too. His captaincy is horrible. Funny how he's had it so easy with McGraths, Warnes, Gillys, Haydens, etc and now he has some new players in he can't control them, gets himself out in irresponsible ways, has slow over-rates and can't buy a win. Hillarious.

Users who are viewing this thread