New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Gottem go Bracken you good thing. Nice last over from Tait, was hoping for another of those yorkers but those shorter balls did the trick.

1 FROM 1!

Oh dear, i think it is a very big possibility for this to be a tie. Oh my god. What a match!

punterpupnroy added 3 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

FOUR! A great win for the Kiwis, despair for me and the aussies. A great match, on ya kiwis. Thrilling from start to finish let me tell ya.

Knew it Vettori would be the thorn for us yet again. Was funny seeing Patel stream lining himself there. Anyway deserved result for NZ we didn't deserve the win from our poor batting, NZ batted slightly better and bowled better.

oh damn it. How did we lose to this NZ team ? We bowled pretty well but our batting is just pathetic atm. Well done to kiwis I guess , they were the better team on the day. Great match though.....

Any news on injury to Marsh ? good chance to get some games in to Hughes if its serious.

WHY CAN'T WE JUST WIN THE EASY WAY?

This just backs up the theory that we can't win unless we are underdogs we go into the match that way, make a good start and get into a great position but nope we can't have that we need to make it tough on ourselves. :D

Looks like fate could come into work. Marsh goes off injured to give Hughes much needed experience. Ponting however seems against it seeing how he wants experience for the SA tour so wouldn't want him in there. Will be interesting seeing what the selectors do and iirc the squad to SA is announced on Wed and this ODI squad for the rest of this series should be announced by then so that could give us an indication on their thinking for the test squad.

Looks like fate could come into work. Marsh goes off injured to give Hughes much needed experience. Ponting however seems against it seeing how he wants experience for the SA tour so wouldn't want him in there. Will be interesting seeing what the selectors do and iirc the squad to SA is announced on Wed and this ODI squad for the rest of this series should be announced by then so that could give us an indication on their thinking for the test squad.

Hughes just made 150 against Tasmania and on his way to another ton in the second innings while Jaques didnt get any runs. It would be hard for selectors to keep ignoring him when hes performing like that. Either way I like to see him in the ODI team (while Marsh is injured) coz he will play for Aus oneday so some games with the big boys would only help his development.

Even though we won, it was an awful match by everyone bar Broom, Hussey, Taylor and all the bowlers. The crowd was disapointing, some idiots trying to interupt play at crucial stages late in the match.

The Black Cap Batsman should've moved around the crease and posistion themselves to get the ball on the leg side, Clarke should've been put to the boundary at least a half a dozen times tonight and he wasn't because they were too cautious.

On Brad Haddin, I can't be bothered, Why waste time on someone like him.

I'm in agreeance with Ponting (for a change). As good as Hughes is, they're already fielding enough randoms and replacing Marsh with another new face would not be terribly helpful.

However, where are the old faces? Symonds, Hodge and Jaques are all coming back from injuries. If a senior player is going to return at Melbourne, I'm not sure there is any choice but Katich.

Good win, maybe not a deserved one. Good bowling, bad batting.

How'd aussie cheat (I didn't see all of the match)

I hate to say I told you so, but look what Bracken did when he was used properly and given a long spell with the new ball, 6 overs for 10 runs including a wicket.

As for David Hussey's useless offspin...

Other teams get away with only using 5 bowlers, so why use David Hussey at all? They have to get away from this "let's get 10 overs from Clarke and Hussey out of the way as fast as possible" and let Clarke bowl those 10 overs, then if he gets smashed Hussey can have a bowl.

Part of David Hussey's problem with the ball is he rushes his overs, Richie Benaud keeps praising him for his ability to race through his overs, but if he paused for one or two seconds before each ball and actually thought about his bowling he would do a lot better. You are not exactly racing through your overs if the ball is being hit to all parts of the ground, a one or two second pause would mean more dot balls and in the end mean faster overs.

I was all prepared to sleep through today's game, I almost posted something on here along the lines of "Zzzzzzzzzzz, New Zzzzzzzzzzzzzealand, zzzzzzzzzzz, I think I'm going to sleep through this one", but in the end it turned out to be a decent game of cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread