New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

It's pretty stupid that they rested Ponting for the whole series.

We need to win the series to get our No.1 spot back and with lot of inexperienced players It's going to be hard.:mad:

Hes just gone for the next 2 games. He should be back after that. Of course the series might be a dead rubber by then.

I don't mind Ponting rested. I actually find it quite smart. The South African series and The Ashes are way more important then this One Day series, with all due respect to the Kiwis.

Not sure if it's mentioned but I heard in the Victoria vs South Australia match that Fergo might be batting at 3 tomorrow, which is why he batted at 3 yesterday.

I don't mind Ponting rested. I actually find it quite smart. The South African series and The Ashes are way more important then this One Day series, with all due respect to the Kiwis.

Not sure if it's mentioned but I heard in the Victoria vs South Australia match that Fergo might be batting at 3 tomorrow, which is why he batted at 3 yesterday.

Why is South Africa more important than NZ?
I believe the Chappel Hadlee is our ODI Ashes.

Kiwis will be loosing badly tomorrow. They will not find anything to hide face.

Well Ive been on about Clarkes stats for a while

Yeah they aren't good stats. They are surprisingly bad, he hasn't looked badly out of touch. I mean he just finished the SA test series a month ago as our heaviest scorer and most reliable batsman. So he's obviously in form, perhaps it's just ODIs are not suiting him.

In that case it might be worth giving him a crack at opening today, give him some time to find his feet and bat at his own pace rather than the teams.

It seems he will be moved from the number 4 position either way and I have a feeling the selectors want either him or Hussey as opener. If they wanted Hopes or Haddin as opener surely they would have done it in the 1st ODI of the summer.

Why is South Africa more important than NZ?
I believe the Chappel Hadlee is our ODI Ashes.

Test are more important than ODI. Lets put it like this would you want a Test series win in SA or a CH ODI series win over NZ?

NZ win the toss and elect to bowl, probably the best thing to do against us with our batting form and not so flash bowlers.

Not surprised that Clarke is opening, Haddin is listed at 3 however didn't see that coming. And not surprised they put Ferguson at 6 to ease him in but I still reckon he is better at 4 or 5 with the Husseys to do the late hitting.

I like the shuffle, will really perpetrate where the Australians are with the team overall.

Warner out his magic looks to be well and truely gone. Not the start I wanted when I suggested he come into the side. Clarke not looking too good.

How mighty the Hayden + Gilchrist combo was. NZ bowling very well, Clarke looking scratchy - and dead-set, doesn't seem to have an attacking bone in his body - and Warner just giving away his wicket as usual. When you give away just 9 runs in the first 5 overs...you just know you're going to be in trouble unless you get a move on.

I would tell Warner to play his normal game looks to have been coached out of it, Sunday looks to be his last game. And Clarke has changed so much in the ODI game, I remember when he started opening he was way more aggressive than this. Haddin not unleashing either. We certainly need to find an opener to play the Gilly role as right now we got nothing.

Warner is being put under way to much pressure and expectation. He's come in after just a handful of games for NSW and played brilliantly and now everyone expects that from him. I think it would be best for him to go back and play some more for NSW.

As you said he's probably been coached out of his natural game, which isn't what he needs, he just has to learn to control it and play the right shots at the right time. The best thing for Dave Warner right now would be to go back to NSW and play out the rest of this season plus the early part of next season and then see where he is at. You don't develop a lot at international level, most of a players improvement will occur when playing at a domestic level

Haddin out, his position in the ODI side could come into question soon as hes not the greatest hitter late in the game and didn't do much basically opening. Dussey at 4 lets see if he can finally build an inns.

Users who are viewing this thread