New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Well as soon as Australia crossed 250 Kiwis were out of this one.

I was going to disagree with you when you first said that a few pages back, but I waited incase I was wrong :p

The Kiwis have a knack of run chasing. They always get closer than you think.

I was going to disagree with you when you first said that a few pages back, but I waited incase I was wrong :p

The Kiwis have a knack of run chasing. They always get closer than you think.

I would have loved if they had proved me wrong.

YAY !! :happy YAY !! :happy We have won the match :p finally after a long time :o lets see if we continue this :) Well played Kiwis and specially Elliot.

Bracken hammers the nail in the coffin. Kiwis again show their fighting spirit great effort by them to get so close and who knows what would have happened with a fit McCullum and Oram.

Bracken hammers the nail in the coffin. Kiwis again show their fighting spirit great effort by them to get so close and who knows what would have happened with a fit McCullum and Oram.

Bye Bye Chappel Hadlee Tophy :wave :p

Elliot definitely has the MOTM, whether he can bring them home is a different story.

I thought he deserved it too. His hundred was much better then Haddin's and he got 2 wickets as well. But being on the winning team I guess I can see why Haddin got it.

Elliot's knock was sensational. Really batted well. The performance was something to be very proud of. McCullum came out to bat injured and hit boundaries. Props to him, he's such a gutsy guy. I feel he should drop back down the order going by that. He seems more dangerous there. With the batting powerplay, we can save it for him so he doesn't need to open.

That was not a thrashing by any means. Australia shouldn't be too excited about that victory, they ended up maybe 20-30 runs short of where they could have and bowled and fielded very averagely.

Bring on the next game. Been a fantastic ODI series so far. Twenty/20 has nothing on ODI cricket. No way.

Well as soon as Australia crossed 250 Kiwis were out of this one.

Well done. Ignorant comment quoted. We've chased Australia's 300 scores many times in the past and we came close again given the state we were in with the run-rate. Never count us out. We thrive as underdogs.

Well done. Ignorant comment quoted. We've chased Australia's 300 scores many times in the past and we came close again given the state we were in with the run-rate. Never count us out. We thrive as underdogs.

That was past buddy. Live in present and this team wont chase many 300+ scores.

The streak is over!!! Good to get a win after few bad games. We nearly choked but lucky for us we got the points in the end. Need to do something about our powerplay bowling though. They got about 100 runs in those 5 overs. Whats the deal with all the knee high full tosses , we need to learn how to bowl those yorkers. Elliot played a great knock btw , bloody south africans we can't get them out. ;)

Aussies won , poms got thrashed and India getting flogged atm. Life is good.:D

That was past buddy. Live in present and this team wont chase many 300+ scores.

It will with Oram and Ryder back (and McCullum without his injury). Maybe Styris too, however i'm having trouble fitting him in anymore. We almost did it today with 5 bowlers in the side. :/ But it's funny, because you said anything over 250 and we got 270.

Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Elliot
Broom/Styris
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Southee
Mills
O'Brien

Pretty decent looking side.

Last edited:
Well I have stopped arguing on this forum. You win. Kiwis will chase 350 next game.

Well if Taylor could have scored a half century then Kiwis could have won. Taylor has improved a lot in the last 2-3 years and has been in great form. Hope he fires in the next match and defeat the Aussies.

Hopefully McCullum is alright to play the next game, cause i've already stated my opinions on Hopkins being in the side. Fulton though should be dropped for that absolutely pathetic display today.

Elliott's innings was brilliant, he'll be happy that the next game he'll have some short boundaries to hit on both sides of the pitch at Adelaide. Hopefully he keeps going with this form for the rest of the summer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread