New Zealand in England

Satellite images for today in London look like rain till about 4PM. Typical, 2 weeks of hot(ish) weather and then this happens!

Rain has delayed the scheduled 1100 BST start of the first Test between England and New Zealand at Lord's.

Overnight showers in London were followed by persistent drizzle on Thursday morning, and further rain is expected during the day.

Its fine here in Manchester, blue skys the lot!

12:20PM start BST, that's 26 minutes if you can't do time zone differences. Lord's drainage is unbelievable.

Stupid rain, i turned the cricket on at quarter past to see England bowling and thought i'd missed the start, but turns out the rain's back. Bloody annoying.

Gotta love the replay of the second match. I guess they wanted to forget about the first one. Pretty disappointing it's raining. On a rare occasion i'll be able to watch some of it, it's raining.

sidebottoms gonna come a cropper against a settled and decent batting side.
he may have got a ton of wickets but he hasnt faced a settled side yet

just looked at his stats and he ddint do aswell vs lanka and india as he has done against nz and windies

To be fair stats don't take into account the dropped chances, against New Zealand and Windies you'll get a second chance, against India and Sri Lanka you won't.

Glad to see Stu and Jim in the wickets, thinking about it I would have kept Jimmy, I think Hoggards better but you can't drop him after 1 average game. If anyone should be dropped for lords it's Monty but personally I like this team.

12:20PM start BST, that's 26 minutes if you can't do time zone differences. Lord's drainage is unbelievable.

Unbelievable,it is.
Still remember the second day of last year`s Lords test where the game resumed all of a sudden when no one was expecting it to start as the ground was virtually resembling a pool.
Has to be the best draining venue in the world.
All the money that they put into the revamping of the venue is paying off.

Good bowling peformance so far by England, excellent from Jimmy (you can't drop the lad after getting 8 in two matches in NZ), although I do agree that Hoggard was quite unfairly treated for being dropped after the first game.

Sidebottom still got 8 wickets in the India series, and Sri Lanka isn't exactly the easiest place to go over and bowl.

Thoughts of getting rid of Strauss were ridiculous, you can't just get rid of someone after they've got 177 to virtually win a test match for you.

Also with Sidebottom, he had a ton of catches dropped off of him in Sri Lanka. Good start today, but we're leaking a few runs now. Perhaps New Zealand should have Oram, McCullum and Vettori at the top of the order. :D

Aye, looks like McCullum is gonna make a century :( Need to get him or Oram soon

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Curse of the commentator, Monty just bowled him!!!!!!!!! :happy

Last edited:
You just knew McCullum would get out now. He's one of those players who seems to fall short even though he deserved a century. Saying that, I've only just come home from Sixth Form.

Users who are viewing this thread