New Zealand in England

Beautiful hundred from Taylor. A well deserved century, he's played brilliantly. Now he's got his hundred it's time for him to get out, and he can take Mills with him. This is starting to get annoying now, Mills is just clubbing us around. Great knock from Taylor though, very good player, finally showing his potential at test level.

We desperately need wickets before lunch though, if we can skittle them out before lunch then we have a chance to get close by the end of the day. I think we'll bat well on this wicket, this will suit the likes of Bell and Pietersen. The ball's coming on nicely, allowing the batsmen to play their shots, they don't just have to wait on the bad balls. Our bowlings not been great though, we've not looked threatening enough, as proven by Mills scoring 40odd. With Flynn coming out next aswell it's not going to be easy, bouncer first up ?

Last edited:
Finally, nice work from Jimmy, bouncing him out, showing more ferocity, Mills was unlucky, but played very well. Jimmy's figures don't show it, but he's bowled pretty well since lunch yesterday. Well played Kyle Mills !!

No, but at this rate the Kiwis won't need him. This is embarrassing.

Jimmys figures geting upped now so you can be happy :p Don't think Flynn will bat, he was sick all last night and is realy bad apparently.

Surely got to get Martin out now especially with 10 and 11 in. We have to make runs now or it's over, no excuses, if we lose this series we're going to struggle against the Saffas, most crucial innings of the summer next up.

not 10 and 11 then, :p I swear i heard the commentator say it was Taylor.

Oh I know, I would have certainly taken it at the start of the match but the fact is we let Kyle Mills get a 50. They were 250-7 effectively so really we should have got them out for below 350.

Anderson still outbowls Broad. Despite his poor economy his bowling yesterday was vicious and exactly what we need. That's what I like about Anderson - he offers penetration. Yes he's inconsistent but look at Broad - he didn't keep it tight enough to create pressure and didn't take any wickets.

Last edited:
Broads played 5 test matches, he's hardly going to be bowling like Glenn McGrath. Give him some time.

Anyway lol @ the jellybean :D

:O:O:O:O

O'Brian to Cook

I've never seen a ball straighten back into a left-hander from a right-handed bowler so much!

Astonishing.

I bet it won't do it again though. The only reason it moved that much is because it disturbed the pitch, cracking ball though, moved like a leggie. Wasn't out either, way too high and going down leg. First bad decision in the game so far, fantastic umpiring so far this series.

I predict an England collapse, caused by Daniel Vettori, we won't try and attack him like New Zealand did to Monty, Pietersen will come in next, score 6-9 runs, then either play around a straight one, or play a stupid shot. I can't see us forcing a win from here. Strauss looking solid again though, he's getting back to the form he had at the start of his career, not playing outside his eyeline and keeping nice and compact. Signs look good for Strauss.

:O:O:O:O

O'Brian to Cook

I've never seen a ball straighten back into a left-hander from a right-handed bowler so much!

Astonishing.

You could almost expect it if it was from a bowler of McGrath's calibre but Iain O'Brien!

Thanfully it was only Sidebottom out, but one of the middle order has to make runs tomorrow, very gutsy performances from Vaughan and Strauss but both of them failed to convert them (Strauss less so) so there's still a lot of work to do. If we have a couple of good sessions the we're in it but unlikely. Just hope KP makes his luck count although it makes up for the bad one Cook got.

Good day of cricket, mix up with tickets but still quality. Poor display from England, didn't turn up with bat or ball, but a superb innings from Taylor, he's got a big future in test cricket.

Bad decision to dismiss Cook, but then as Dan said, we got the luck when Pietersen should have been out LBW. Wouldn't be surprised to see England lose wickets early tomorrow.

Manchester has bad weather, eh?:p Seriously, though, why a test match venue as good as Old Trafford isn't being given any tests for the next 3 years, I don't know.

PS. Joe, I was about 15 feet from Broad when he was fielding at fine-leg.:p

i saw the score at 90 odd for 1. then on sky sports news i saw a clip of vaughan out, spoke to my mate and realised the score and was a bit shocked. i thought england would of been in a better position but credit to new zealand. they have give a really good account for themselves and would like to see come out top in this series.

Good to see us in control. We could have had Pietersen as well. Not only with the LBW, but that run-out chance. Cook was unlucky though.

That catch McCullum took was a beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread