New Zealand in England

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
key has a good day today against NZ, 178* at stumps! is there a chance he could make it into the england side this year?!!?!?!?!?!
kent are 324/1 lol, hope the NZ bowlers can pick up their performances befour the 1st test

Yorkshire_No1

Club Cricketer
Let's not forget NZ are missing a few key players though, I would of fancied Vettori getting a little bit of something today saying that though this looks like a pretty simple series on home soil.

irottev

School Cricketer
Wow, Kent are really chugging along well. Let's hope we actually get some batting practice. Ideally we'd have Oram in for Elliot, Mills in for O'Brien and Vettori for Patel. Martin needs to find his form. Our batting line up is weak as well so I expect that to be half a disaster. Gillespie or Mason should be playing over O'Brien. I'm not a fan of O'Brien.

Redmond bowls some handy leg spin.

lancashire666

International Coach
i understand that new zealand are missing a few players, but a totally shocking day, martin and southee will both be in the 1st test so 2 of the 3 main strike bowlers were there 2day, and they obviously havnt performed that well

irottev

School Cricketer
That's what warm-ups are for. ;) Nothing better then a tough day in the field to get them on the right track.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Key knocks (no punt intended :)) for both Key and Tredwell as well yesterday. Key will be looking to get his England place back but Tredwell has been promoted and done well. I still don't think he's a test spinner as of yet but his batting could prove useful for Kent and England.

lancashire666

International Coach
tradwell is a more than useful spin 2nd spin option if picked, hes much beeter than KP or vaughan, and at 26 he has got so much time to develop as well, especially his batting, he has always seemed to get in and then get out when set and not make a big score, but being promted up the order may halp him be more consistant and score more runs. he could be like collingwood and only really get into the team around 30, but im sure he has a test match career ahead of him

lancashire666

International Coach
Rob Key is going to be captain for the Lions against New Zealand in their last 4 day warm-up match! really happy to here that, Key is obviously back in the selectors minds seriously. 12 man squad for the game is Robert Key (Kent, capt), Ravinder Bopara (Essex), Michael Carberry (Hampshire), Matthew Hoggard (Yorkshire), Steven Kirby (Gloucestershire), Matt Prior (Sussex, wk), Graham Onions (Durham), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Owais Shah (Middlesex), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), Chris Tremlett (Hampshire), Luke Wright (Sussex)

looks a strong team there for me, should be a good game so id suggest getting your selves dow to Rose Bowl on May 8th if you can, should be good cricket, if the weather holds that is.

edgefan007

School Cricketer
My Test Squads :-

ENGLAND :-
Cook
Vaughan (Capt.) / Luke Wright [for ODIs with Colly as Capt.]
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood (V.C)
T. Ambrose (W.K)
Flintoff
Broad
Sidebottom
Panesar
Anderson

12th:Tremlett
13)Strauss
14)Jon Lewis
15)Bopara
16)P. Mustard [Reserve W.K]
17)G. Swann
18)G. Onions
19)O. Shah
20)D. Mascarenhas

England's Reserve Team [from the Bench] :-Strauss,Mustard (W.K), Bell (Capt.), Pietersen (V.C), Shah, Bopara, Mascarenhas, Swann, Tremlett,J. Lewis, Onions.

Both Lineups have 8 Bowlers each in Sidebottom,Anderson,Broad,Panesar, Flintoff,Collingwood,Pietersen,Vaughan & in the Reserves XI - Tremlett,J. Lewis,Onions,Swann,Mascarenhas,Bopara,Pietersen & Shah.

New Zealand :-
How
Redmond
J. Marshall
R. Taylor
D. Flynn
Oram
McCullum (V.C) (W.K)
Vettori
Southee
Mills
Martin

12th:I. O'Brien
13)J. Ryder [if Fit]
14)M. Gillespie
15)P. Fulton
16)G. Hopkins [Reserve W.K]
17)J. Patel
18)M. Mason
19)G. Elliot
20)Matthew Bell

Reserve XI :-Ryder,Bell,How (Capt.),R Taylor (V.C),Fulton,G. Elliot,G. Hopkins(W.K),Patel,M. Gillespie,Mason,O'Brien.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
looks a strong team there for me, should be a good game so id suggest getting your selves dow to Rose Bowl on May 8th if you can, should be good cricket, if the weather holds that is.
Going by the tactics England Lions used last season in their warmup match I doubt very much if it will be a good game. More like keep NZ in the field at all costs.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Wow, Kent are really chugging along well. Let's hope we actually get some batting practice. Ideally we'd have Oram in for Elliot, Mills in for O'Brien and Vettori for Patel. Martin needs to find his form. Our batting line up is weak as well so I expect that to be half a disaster. Gillespie or Mason should be playing over O'Brien. I'm not a fan of O'Brien.

Redmond bowls some handy leg spin.
I'd prefer Patel over Martin in a lot of cases. Especially considering if NZ are to put up a fight, the restrictive bowling of the spinners might give them an advantage in creating pressure. Of course, that's probably negated by NZ not having much in the way of a batting lineup.
Going by the tactics England Lions used last season in their warmup match I doubt very much if it will be a good game. More like keep NZ in the field at all costs.
It's not just the Lions though, it's consistent throughout England. All practice pitches seem to be awful flat tracks.

irottev

School Cricketer
All the fuss over the IPL players arriving late and they missed 2 washed out games. :/ They're getting much better preparation than anyone else. Let them stay there till the tour starts.

Sureshot

Executive member
Preparing in 40 degree heat, is a bit different to our mid teens breezy Spring.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Of course when they decided to play in IPL the decision was based on the fact that they knew they were going to have 2 matches spoilt by 2 days of rain!

Sod playing cricket, Vettori should become a weatherman, because he seems quite good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread