New Zealand in England

Well its hard to judge isn't it. You would expect Carberry would also have improved, I don't think he's reached his peak yet, but who can tell. Thats the problem with picking players based on potential rather than ability. Potential is not always realised.

Cook has a suspected dislocated finger. Less than 2 weeks before the first test. Could Robert Key make his comeback because of Cook's injury?

Hopefully Cook is out. Anything to help us out a bit. Marshall said the pitch was hard to bat on, so we'll see how Essex go on it.

My eleven for the first test is: but I may change it a little from warmups.

Jamie How
Aaron Redmond
James Marshall
Ross Taylor
Daniel Flynn
Jacob Oram
Brendon McCullum
Daniel Vettori
Tim Southee
Kyle Mills
Chris Martin

Mason 12th man and could end up in the starting eleven if he bowls well over Mills.

any news on jesse ryder? why isnt he in the team, looks a quality player

Last edited:
Jesse Ryder did the ligaments in his hand in punching in a window on a night out, hence him missing the home test series as well. I think he should be back in the latter half of the year though.

Yeh, Ryder's in the ODi team, which is bad for England as he and McCullum destroyed us in NZ. He'll have a point to prove to the selectors aswell, so will want to play well, hopefully he'll fail in the English conditions.

Vettori's finger injured :/ Should be right for the first test luckily. I hope so. We don't need any injuries this tour.

Sad to see O'Brien get wickets. I dunno how he does it. Mason got 4 which is good to see.

So as Cook has got injury Key would have go with Strauss.
and I would love to see Strauss and Key opening the innings.

Hope Strauss keeps the form of NZ and make another 100. :D

if cook doesnt play then i would like to see key in there as well, with vaughan at 3, vaughan is also hinting that flitoff may be back for the first test soon which would be a massive boost for england!

Users who are viewing this thread