New Zealand in England

BA and Will do have a point. He's ust doing what Zaheer Khan did last summer at the same place.

"The Hollish. People from Holland"

lol, good old Bumble!

anyway, NZ all out for 123 :p and being made to follow on, good decision by england, even if they bat for 2 days and get 400 England will only have to chance 170 or something like that, but they wont get that many anyway so englands target will be smaller, or non existent and win by an innings. surly NZ cant bat that poorly in their second innings!

What’s going on?
Just came home and switched on the TV and 3 wickets have fallen off with in 2 overs.
Great innings by Anderson though I still believe England can produce much better bowler than Anderson someone with caliber of Sidebottom.
I have used word innings because you never know; Anderson might not get any wickets in 2nd innings. Seriously nothing I am taking off from credit but still it just one good innings for Anderson where Batsman have done more to threw their wickets.
Anyway England are on driving seat and I am glad..
I can bet for J How that He is going to make 100 in this innings.

this is some excellent line bowling by Broad! a total joy to watch some of these deleveries, he didnt bowl to much in the first innings but he is showing some great control at the start of this spell in the second innings!

I just cannot get over the fact that people are trying to justify dropping Anderson. I'm not a 100% believer in the keep a winning side idea, as Bell and Collingwood are desperately out of form, but you don't drop the player who's the leading wicket taker in the series. He's quite away ahead of the 2nd player Vettori and has been by far England's best bowler.

Broad's starting to bowl well aswell, can only see Freddie coming in for Colly tbh. Wouldn't want any of these bowlers to be dropped, didn't think i'd be saying it, but Sidebottom's been our worse bowler. Hasn't bowled with control, has bowled far too wide too often and hasn't looked threatening. If any of the bowlers were to be dropped on current form it'd be him, he won't be dropped though, none of the 4 bowlers should.

Good to see Broad has got some wickets. Not seen anything but we've obviously done whats required. Bet he is our best bowler against the saffies. As for Jimmy I can understand what you mean but there's no way they'll drop him after that and they shouldn't. If he's inconsistent after a good run in the side then fair enough, you could argue that they should only play him on swinging wickets.

I just cannot get over the fact that people are trying to justify dropping Anderson. I'm not a 100% believer in the keep a winning side idea, as Bell and Collingwood are desperately out of form, but you don't drop the player who's the leading wicket taker in the series. He's quite away ahead of the 2nd player Vettori and has been by far England's best bowler.

It's because you have to look long-term and ask which bowlers are going to help us beat South Africa and Australia not which bowlers are going to help us beat New Zealand.

Hopefully i'll be able to quote you in a couple of months time if Jimmy is our best performing bowler in the South Africa series aswell. He won't be dropped, not after his performance in this test. You have to get wickets against the opposition you're playing against, and Jimmy has done that in this series, he's the leading wicket-taker in the series, and has a cracking average. I just don't think you're giving the lad the credit he deserves, he's been brilliant in this series. I'm sure he would have got even the best South African players out with a few of those deliveries bowled yesterday.

I dunno why everyone are talking up South Africa like they're the best thing since sliced bread either. Fair enough their a class team and they'll challenge us sternly, but don't forget that the Saffies are the biggest bottlers in the world and i'm confident that not only will we beat them, but we'll beat them comfortably.

Jimmy takes wickets in these conditions, lets wait till the mid summer where its hot with no clouds lets judge him then. Hes very hot and cold, we need consistancy not 1 good performance every now and then.

I dunno why everyone are talking up South Africa like they're the best thing since sliced bread either. Fair enough their a class team and they'll challenge us sternly, but don't forget that the Saffies are the biggest bottlers in the world and i'm confident that not only will we beat them, but we'll beat them comfortably.

I think our biggest weapon will be Monty. 4 tests, 25 wickets from him.

Broad looked more the bowler today than he has done in this series, impressive.

Summary of Day Three

some of broads bowling eas wonderful today, he has much more control than anderson and sidebottom, and a breath of fresh air after putting up with the likes of hamison sending it all over the place

I dunno why everyone are talking up South Africa like they're the best thing since sliced bread either.

They're easily one of the top 2 sides. I'd say about even with Australia if not slightly better.

They're still South Africa and they're still bottlers. They were an even better side when they toured in 2003 when another poor side of ours managed to draw with them. We'll beat them.

Few points today. Firstly, I think Broad had a very good day, he seems to have started taking wickets which he has struggled with recently. Good for him.

Anderson is an inconsistent bowler, certainly. But bowling like he did last night, he would run through anyone - Australia, South Africa, India, anyone. He will run through sides, and when that happens he will win England test matches. For me, that's enough to keep him in the side. As long as he does it with some degree of consistency (a test a year, say) then he's worth his place in the side. If every player won England a test a year, they'd be in double figures in terms of wins, which is a fantastic result.

Users who are viewing this thread