New Zealand in England

New Zealand: Daniel Vettori (captain), Jamie How, Brendon McCullum, James Marshall, Ross Taylor, Scott Styris, Daniel Flynn, Gareth Hopkins, Kyle Mills, Michael Mason, Tim Southee, Jeetan Patel (one to be omitted).

I'm happy with that. (Fulton and Gillespie being left out) For me, Patel misses out unless it's spinner friendly at the expense of Southee in my opinion.

I like Bell opening. I think he's the sort of player who is good enough to find the gaps from the start, plus it means that we have KP at three. Also good to see Bopara being given a chance up the order.

I think from here Wrighty has to get a score and bat a long time.

I hope Wright doesn't get written off too early, give the lad time, he needs to settle into the role, get his gameplan sorted and that'll allow him to develop and become a top one day opener. Bell's been awesome at opener and looks perfect for the role, finds gaps easily, uses his feet nicely and plays all around the wicket. I'm glad he has been given the chance at the top, hope he makes the most of it.

England will be relying on these 2 to stick around for the rest of the innings, still a good chance for Pietersen to get a hundred, and Collingwood looks to be playing nicely. Just need to start to take the attack to Vettori, I feel KP will have to be the man to do it........Just like that :D Pietersen is such a legend, what a shot.

I can already tell that Wright isn't opening material (at least yet). It seems he usually plays in the middle order. I'm not a fan of selecting players to do new roles they hardly ever have done.

I am listening to the English commentators, and it appears that there is nothing wrong the English batsmen do that is wrong or out of sort, I see KP plays an ass shot of Mills trying to pull, he ends up toe-ending the ball and they think it was a good shot in the end, for a single. Jesus Christ.

Users who are viewing this thread