New Zealand in England

What a cameo from Shah. There is no way you can leave this guy out of the test team.

Well no, not really listening all that much to be honest, but I am well aware of the situation. I think if they are going to meet on it, they will probably ban players from changing their grip to play reverse shots like that. That's just what the MCC does. They ban things. The entire history of cricket is shaped by crafty people being innovative and the MCC telling them to bugger off.

The reverse sweep itself won't be banned as it can be played with crossed arms.

I personally just don't really have a problem with players using the bat as they see fit. A change of hands, after all, has to be premeditated. I consider that a risk. The insurance Pietersen has is that he only plays it against dobbly medium pacers, never particularly good bowlers. He won't get banged in the ribs like he did against McGrath.

Lol yes the rib, I remember. Well I guess until the BCCI call for it to be ban, it will just be discussed, I say the BCCI, because it seems they are the one that run things these days both MCC and ICC. What they say or ask for is law.

But all in all very good score and frankly I don't see NZ getting there, without Oram and Ryder, it will be too much to ask for, everyone know that the current bowling lineup for England is much, much better than NZ.

Last edited:
What an innings, if we get McCullum early we should win this, that was really terrible from New Zealand at the end there.

Cook would have done better than Wright today anyway :cool:

Shah what an innings, just a shame Ravi failed but at least he didn't use up many balls in failing.

They'll probably end up banning batsmen from changing the positioning of their hands to play a reverse shot.

Truth is, I don't think it would be so terrible if there was a batsman able to take guard on either leg. Batsmen change their stances to new bowlers and bowlers coming around the wicket, plus plenty of them have trigger movements that mean the stance is different from the actual position of the batsman at delivery. Is that also unfair?

We know the MCC won't, because they'll do whatever they can to help England win.

Nothing at all wrong with KP changing grips. It's the same as a batsman walking down the pitch, or standing outside leg. If a bolwer bowls straight, it shouldn't make a difference whether or not KP grows a third arm and bats with that. A yorker is always a yorker and it's just as effective whether or not the batsman is left or right handed.

Am I the only one who can't actually see the ball? Maybe it's just my TV.

Well so far so good, if McCullum last the innings they could get pretty close to the score.
Sidebottom must chill out on the red meat, they guy is always so pissed off. I mean the 6 was a great shot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread