New Zealand in England

What an innings by KP and what a cameo by Shah, and Collingwood too.

Those 3 players set up the England innings, but I really didn't expect Shah to come out hitting like that. I haven't really seen him play and didn't know he had that sort of brute power on him.

IMO, He doesn't get enough chances to perform for England.

I personally think McCullum should do the wicket-keeping. He's just gotten lazy because he thinks he's a good enough batsman. Hopkins isn't good enough in a full strength side.
hes only not keeping because of his arm and wrist injury's and i think there also could be possibly something to his back, when back to normal i cant see any reason why he wouldn't keep, he's a world class keeper

Maybe not world class but he's a good man for England at 6 because he can nurdle and build an innings when England are in trouble and also (as we saw yesterday) can hit boundaries and play a cameo innings.
I just thought it was funny to call someone a world class player considering they haven't even made a test hundred yet.

I just thought it was funny to call someone a world class player considering they haven't even made a test hundred yet.

I thought we were talking about ODI's here. The fact he has only played 2 tests sort of hinders him from getting a test hundred.

He is a vital player for them, I fail to see how that makes them a one man team. They have McCullum, Vettori and Ross Taylor who all perform to a similar level and whose loss from the team would be equally devastating.

I wasn't calling them a one man team. I was questioning their supposed reliance on him when they obviously can do just as well without.

hes only not keeping because of his arm and wrist injury's and i think there also could be possibly something to his back, when back to normal i cant see any reason why he wouldn't keep, he's a world class keeper

Oh, so there's actually something wrong with him? That's a relief. I thought he wasn't keeping because he didn't want to.

We need our World Class and experianced players to step up now. I'm looking for big performances from Vettori, McCullum, Taylor, Styris and Mills in particular.

Yeh, I think McCullum's carrying a back injury that meant he couldn't keep in the final test match. Hopkins has been decent enough though, looks an "organised" batsman, as is mentioned by the Sky commentors. It's a term that they use far too often though, anyone that scores a run is called an "organised" batsman. Hopkins does look useful though, far better than 2 Metre Peter.

Looking forward to the game tommorow, just a shame i'll miss the start due to an exam, damn A Levels, luckily it's my last though, so I can end it in a good way by settling down to hopefully another dominating England performance. Be a crap day if I fail Geography and then see England lose :p

I expect the Kiwi's to fight a lot harder tomorrow. In fact, I'd say it's a dead certainty. Edgbaston does produce good games though.

My inner pessimism tells me that our victory in Durham may have poked the metaphorical dragon in the metaphorical eye and awaken him from his metaphorical sleep.

Yes but we all know that St George batters the crap out of gragons so we'll just have to get the flags out in force and they will be scared.

I just saw the New Zealand team for the second ODI, it looks better then the first games team. No Marshall so that's always good, and Elliot has been brought into the team. He isn't a test player, but is domestic One Day record is pretty good so lets hope he plays well. Ross Taylor is going to play at three which is where he should always play, Styris and Flynn are both moving up a spot to.

We will find it really hard to win this 2nd ODI without Oram, I don't think Elliot brings in much just some really tired medium pace. His batting in the 3rd test looked very useless, but like you said he One Day domestic batting average is alright.

What's the weather like over there is it going to be good?

We will find it really hard to win this 2nd ODI without Oram, I don't think Elliot brings in much just some really tired medium pace. His batting in the 3rd test looked very useless, but like you said he One Day domestic batting average is alright.

What's the weather like over there is it going to be good?

Elliot's Bowling may not be the greatest but it's what let us down in the first game. England knew that we were going to have to use Styris as our 5th option, and when he has to bowl ten overs these days you know your team is in trouble.

I read in the Waikato Times that it's ment to rain over there during the game:crying

Shame, but typical England lol

Users who are viewing this thread