New Zealand in England

Oh man that sucks that it's going to rain, hopefully it doesn't:(

Hopefully the batting improves in this game though, it's good to see Taylor back at three, and I hope Flynn moves to four. We don't need Styris slowing down our quick runners.

Kyle Mills was very poor last game, he has been all tour I wonder why, Southee had a debut to forget to. We have to attack one of there bowlers, Anderson probally. He is there weak link, McCullum will deal to him again.

Oh man that sucks that it's going to rain, hopefully it doesn't:(

Hopefully the batting improves in this game though, it's good to see Taylor back at three, and I hope Flynn moves to four. We don't need Styris slowing down our quick runners.

Kyle Mills was very poor last game, he has been all tour I wonder why, Southee had a debut to forget to. We have to attack one of there bowlers, Anderson probally. He is there weak link, McCullum will deal to him again.

Yeah I would like to see Flynn at four to, Styris has lost it big time. Mills will bounce back, he is a good ODI bowler. I don't rate him as a test bowler though. Southee is only going to get better, and as long as he doesn't play that bad every game and shows improvement I am happy for him to stay. I saw in the paper that Oram should be back for the third ODI, but only as a batsmen meaning Elliot will play all the games.

Yeah well if Oram doesn't bowl then I guess Elliot will have to play. Would that mean McCullum back to keeping, and Hopkins gone. I thought he looked pretty good.

Yeah well if Oram doesn't bowl then I guess Elliot will have to play. Would that mean McCullum back to keeping, and Hopkins gone. I thought he looked pretty good.

Yeah I would guess that Hopkins would go, with McCullum back to keeper. Unless he is still injured that is.

Just reading through some of these post, some of these English fans are pretty cocky lol. I still think we can win this series, England won't play like they did the other day everytime, same goes with us.

There's a difference between being cocky and being confident. You can't be cocky about something that hasn't already happened. We had every right to be cocky about the wins in the last 2 games, and the test series, and considering New Zealand's awful performances at recent time we have every right to be confident about winning the series. A rained off game today won't help, we need to make the most of NZ missing Oram. Hopefully he'll be out for the 3rd game aswell, Elliot's not good enough to really worry us.

The rain's annoying, and i'd rather be watching highlights of an old game, when we had Gough, Flintoff, etc, I don't want to watch highlights of a game that i've already seen a few days ago. Will be nice to revel in KP's innings again though. Just hope the rain buggers off in the next hour or so.

They have to start by about 3:30 to get a game in, don't they? Looks like being a No Result. Shame.

Well, I live not too far from Birmingham. From what I can see its not raining at the moment although a little wet. Hopefully we'll be able to get the game going before abandonment.

They have to start by about 3:30 to get a game in, don't they? Looks like being a No Result. Shame.

Play has to start by 4:12 PM iirc. That's what they were saying on TMS anyway.

Edit: Unless there's further rain, play due to start at 3:00pm. 29 overs a side. Sidebottom replaced by Mascheranhas. Sidey has a sore side or something.

Last edited:
Why is it every time I have a cricket game it rains and every time I don't it's boiling hot. McCullum is the key here, with only 2 genuine bowlers we have to get him early, a lot on Swann today for me.

We're batting first. Hmm, interesting decision because the light won't be getting any better and our batsmen still have a lot of momentum whilst the bowlers have lost Sidebottom.

With the diminished length of the game, I think Mascarenhas is a very good spare part to have, but without Sidebottom, the new ball bowlers will be more crucial than usual. If those two fall apart, England will have to work hard to recover momentum. That said, McCullum, Taylor and Flynn are the only key batsmen against a target greater than 170. Two early wickets would probably end NZ's chase in that event, so they must come as close to bowling England out as they can.

angryangy added 17 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Mason had better get Wright out to undo that retardedness, noone was giving him full crap to slog away and he was looking streaky at best up to that point.

So a quick rain break, it will be off soon. We've lost 3 wickets but when you have so much batting your number 10 averages 30 I'm not too worried yet. This side would give Duncan Fletcher orgams :D

What's an orgams?

Wright did well, big over off of Mason helped his SR. Not the most fluent, but 52 from 38, isn't something you can complain about. Disappointed with Bell and KP. Will be interesting to see how the game goes when (if) they come back on.

NZ have done well to avoid being dominated since Wright's wicket, but I would think England have found a winning score. That said, Mascarenhas could make his bosses regret waiting to use him.

Really harsh on New Zealand as they played very well. Of course we benfit from this, but it is just so hollow. If it was 5 or 6 overs from the end then fair enough but 6 balls, dear me.

Users who are viewing this thread