New Zealand in England

Then unlucky for him, that's sport for you. If it was safe enough for 5 overs prior to it then it was safe enough for one more.

Safety of the players comes first, Matt.

I'd be horrified if someone said they didn't care if a player had a serious injury, in the name of a result.

irottev said:
I'm also pretty dissapointed with England for going against the spirit of the game slowing the over-rate. 13 overs in an hour is disgusting. Collingwood should honestly get fined his entire match fee (and maybe a few match bans) for that. We could have got thosew overs in if they wern't so scared of losing. I'm not surprised though. And the ICC lets people get away with it, so why not?

Some changes need to be made, i'll tell you that.

All other captains would have done the same in his position.

To quote Vettori:

"But if we honest we'd have done the same thing if we were under the pump like they were.

It's sport. It's not always fair. Everyone would have done the same in Colly's position.

I'm sure the umpires were as frustrated as the players and spectators at the end. They had been off and on all day, waiting around, studying the Duckworth/Lewis method, all in the aim of getting a game on, and there is no result to show for it.
It was atrocious weather wise when they came off. It was nearly 7:30pm on a grey day, a howling wind, rain coming down, I don't blame them for coming off. With Stuart Broad about to bowl the last 6 balls to constitute a game, there was a real chance the batsman could not see a ball and get hurt, or even Broad slipping over in the delivery stride. Infuriating for everyone, even England since we also had a chance to win it, but in hindsight the umpires were right.

All other captains would have done the same in his position.

To quote Vettori:

It's sport. It's not always fair. Everyone would have done the same in Colly's position.

And if you look at my previous posts, you'll see I said the exact same thing. So you're arguing with yourself. What i'm saying i he ICC needs to crack down on it.

I'm basically just annoyed that you guys got away with what was going to become 1-1.

I think everyone agrees with me, the commentators and most fans. That 30 minute between innings break was absolutely ridiculous. That's the problem I had with the officials.

Of course we can blame the umpires. Sod the law book. All they needed was a bit of common sense. 6 balls is all we needed. Six balls! The time they spent fannying around with that boundary replay prior to the over could have been spent bowling the frigging over. Cricket's a real nob sometimes.

Why couldn't Jimmy have just let it go for a four. It's all his fault!

:p

And if you look at my previous posts, you'll see I said the exact same thing. So you're arguing with yourself. What i'm saying i he ICC needs to crack down on it.

I'm basically just annoyed that you guys got away with what was going to become 1-1.

I think everyone agrees with me, the commentators and most fans. That 30 minute between innings break was absolutely ridiculous. That's the problem I had with the officials.

Wasn't the umpires fault about the mid-innings interval, though.

I missed...

irottev said:
NZ probably would have done the same thing

We'll never know though, what if England had got a wicket in that 20th over? Would have been our game. Given those conditions too, I wouldn't have bet against a silly run out due to a batsman slipping. I think everyone knows that the Kiwi's are hurting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1263

Great, so it's another washout! Blooming northerners!

Good on ya for blaming the northerners for the weather forecast in Bristol this weekend. :D

You're northern to me ;)

I'm getting fed up with this weather. It's lovely down here, but it's been destroying my Cricket of late!

New Zealand will have the same team for this game wont they, or is Oram back. I did hear he might play the third game. Lets hope the weather is good and we get to see a good game, I saw in the paper this morning that McCullum wants to convert his 50's into hundreds which is good to hear, sounds like he is becoming a batsmen.

New Zealand will have the same team for this game wont they, or is Oram back. I did hear he might play the third game. Lets hope the weather is good and we get to see a good game, I saw in the paper this morning that McCullum wants to convert his 50's into hundreds which is good to hear, sounds like he is becoming a batsmen.

Yeah I would like to see McCullum bring up a ODI century, he is probally due for one. He gets abit unlucky sometimes, he has had a few not outs in the 80's, and been out in the the 90's a few times.

So Howsie what do you think our chances of winning tonight are, we must be have alittle bit of confindence from the last game, Elliot is the key I think. He has to step up and bowl really well, like the 2nd game.

Yeah I would like to see McCullum bring up a ODI century, he is probally due for one. He gets abit unlucky sometimes, he has had a few not outs in the 80's, and been out in the the 90's a few times.

So Howsie what do you think our chances of winning tonight are, we must be have alittle bit of confindence from the last game, Elliot is the key I think. He has to step up and bowl really well, like the 2nd game.

Yeah of course I think we can win. I don't think Elliot is the Keybut he is important, McCullum and Taylor are the keys. If those two get amongst the runs then we should rake up a big score. It's just like England if Wright and Pieterson make runs then rest of the team will gets runs. We can stop Wright if we don't bowl full to him, bowl like we did in the first game.

Yeah of course I think we can win. I don't think Elliot is the Keybut he is important, McCullum and Taylor are the keys. If those two get amongst the runs then we should rake up a big score. It's just like England if Wright and Pieterson make runs then rest of the team will gets runs. We can stop Wright if we don't bowl full to him, bowl like we did in the first game.

I don't know about Wright being one of the Key players, I think Bell and Pieterson are the key players. If Wright doesn't fire it really doesn't matter like in the first ODI. If Bell gets of to a good start then watch out New Zealand I reackon.

Wow, alot of new NZ members. Welcome to you all.

I wonder where they have all come from?

Rain forecast for everywhere in England today, literally. Only Scotland is going to be dry apparently. A delayed start at least.

Users who are viewing this thread