International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Zimbabwe to get crushed by New Zealand. Why is Mark Craig in the New Zealand team?

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zimbabwe to get crushed by New Zealand. Why is Mark Craig in the New Zealand team?

Craig offers control from one end with his off-spin while the quicks rotate opposite him. He also has a knack for getting wickets against impatient batsmen, making him a good option to clean up the tail.

He's handy with the bat, too, and can bat as high as 8 without embarrassing himself.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Craig offers control from one end with his off-spin while the quicks rotate opposite him. He also has a knack for getting wickets against impatient batsmen, making him a good option to clean up the tail.

He's handy with the bat, too, and can bat as high as 8 without embarrassing himself.

I only said that cause Santner is a better option. He's economical and builds presuure. I now understand it probably was a backup option. But I felt craig wasnt really performing well a few months ago, though he can bat. Santner can bowl well and bat well. Look at Craig's series averages in Australia

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I only said that cause Santner is a better option. He's economical and builds presuure. I now understand it probably was a backup option. But I felt craig wasnt really performing well a few months ago, though he can bat. Santner can bowl well and bat well. Look at Craig's series averages in Australia

Wouldn't surprise me if they feel they want him as an option later in the season for the India series, so using a weaker opponent that they should dominate in order to build some form. I'd bet he gets at least one game in vs. ZIM.

Nice to see the workhorse Neil Wagner thundering in for a six-fer. Underappreciated guy in a deep Kiwi pace attack.

Chewie

BCCI President
On his day he's a matchwinner, but when its not he does terribly, so he's pretty inconsistent

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Brilliant hundred from Sean Williams, hopefully we'll put up more of a fight in the second test.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Okay, I probably shouldn't write off a side this easily, but I would rather have Afghanistan play Test cricket than Zimbabwe. Afg have that real fire and fight in them. In every match they played in the World T20, they gave every team a fright and almost beat England and beat West Indies. Zimbabwe are just a poor team who is lacking in bowling and batting. They are not even recovering like Sri Lanka are.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
If we continue to play just 1 or 2 tests a year then I don't see much point in us having test status, we can only improve by having more game time. Just reading the other day that the Sri Lanka test series is going to be scrapped for a 50 over tri-series :noway

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Two Tier System Will Help but SriLankan/Bangla/Indian board are against it :)

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Indeed. I am in favour of a two tier system.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Wow ZIMBABWE 55/0 OMG!!! I was super suprised by that!! Zimbabwe need to play Bangladesh and West Indies more. I feel that this would benefit them.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Wow ZIMBABWE 55/0 OMG!!! I was super suprised by that!! Zimbabwe need to play Bangladesh and West Indies more. I feel that this would benefit them.
The more cricket we play the better we'll get.

Awesome stuff from Craig Ervine and PJ Moor today. I'll be over the moon if we can force a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread