New Zealand Tour of India, November 2010/11

What was the point of bringing Patel after so much time? Just to show that India remember's past players. If that is the case, then i would have loved to see Irfan, Uthappa playing.

What was the point of bringing Patel after so much time? Just to show that India remember's past players. If that is the case, then i would have loved to see Irfan, Uthappa playing.
The selectors probably are in a search for a second wicket-keeper for the World Cup. Dinesh Karthik has been given many opportunities, but he could not grab them to the fullest (though I still feel he is the best option for that post). Saha doesn't really have that character as of now to feature in the World Cup. Parthiv Patel is now been given some opportunities. He was pretty good today, hoping he continues the same form.

And for Uthappa, our middle order is already jam packed with the likes of Kohli, Yuvraj, Raina, Dhoni, Yusuf Patha, Jadeja. Also don't forget that Gambhir bats at number 3 when Sachin and Sehwag are in the XI.

I am following the match on cricinfo. A change in temperament by Yusuf Pathan. Can't comment more, as i am not watching the match. Hoping Tiwary and Yusuf will take India to closest of margin.
p.s. - Is its raining heavy and whether the play is possible?

Drizzle has stopped, umpires to check on conditions soon.

There couldn't have been more ideal scenario for Tiwari and Yusuf to make a mark . Free license to go berserk.

Last edited:
Meh, 50 for Yusuf. Don't know how I feel about that, but he's had a good game today, and all credit to him for that. Still think Abhishek Nayar might be the better option as the batting all-rounder.

Saurabh Tiwary has a lot to prove here too. If he wants to make the WC squad at least. Not going to get many more chances, and this is an ideal situation for him. 100 runs, more than a run a ball, and finisher style knock required.

Also, we need to find death bowlers from somewhere, else we're never winning this World Cup. Absolutely horrible death bowling as usual.

NOOOO! Get out, Yusuf! I don't want you anywhere near the World Cup squad! :(

Great century from Yusuf Pathan, (Kiwis are probably miffed over this change of game), he seems to be determined to fix his place in the WC squad.

Ajit Agarkar. He was one of the finest Indian bowlers to bowl during the final overs.

I like Agarkar, get him in the World Cup squad, we probably don't need Irfan in that case as Agarkar can be more than handy with the bat too.

The selectors probably are in a search for a second wicket-keeper for the World Cup.

Get in Robin Uthappa. In 2003, we played with our second choice keeper- Rahul Dravid. As far as I remember, Parthiv was a member of the squad that toured,saw RSA and came back home with honors.

Uthappa can double up as a reserve keeper and I can guarantee that he is way better than any of the available options. Saha is too new and inducting him into the WC would be a big mistake. Parthiv- he ought to know that he is, at present, India's 3rd /4th choice keeper.
KKD- As much as I would love to see him in the team, I have to say that he has not really contributed enough in the limited opportunities made available to him.

NOOOO! Get out, Yusuf! I don't want you anywhere near the World Cup squad! :(

He has now scored his maiden century. But I still don't think that this would earn him a place in the WC team.

This will certainly cement him a spot in the 15 i feel. 'OH, Yusuf can play match winning innings, rememer what he did vs NZ?!?!?!!?!'
:rolleyes

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Man this one innings has pushed his batting average from 22 to tipping 30...

Yes, and people will be talking about this innings for a long long time. Yusuf Pathan probably does not need to do anything more for the next 25 ODIs.:p

So true. :rolleyes

Interesting though. How often has a player gotten both his best ODI figures and his highest score in the same match? This is Ask Steven worthy.

He's a lot better than Jadeja though. Nayar won't come in LL, especially now when there's no time left for the WC. Happy with Parthiv's inclusion and good to see Karthik not given another opportunity.

Yusuf Pathan just sealed his place for the World Cup.

The most impressive thing was that he hit a six on the roof of the stadium. The roof of the Bangalore stadium is pretty high.

Tiwari would have aged with just the 2 stints he has had of international cricket :D ..
n Yusuf Pathan very much deserves every bit of praise and definetely should make the WC squad now. He has finally done it on international level what many only suspected he was capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread