New Zealand Tour of India, November 2010/11

As much as I hate Yuseless being picked for the World Cup, we can't deny the fact that he is the main architect of our victory in this match. The pitch may be flat but it takes nothing away from the century.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

And we win in style thanks to Yusuf's fantastic knock. Probably he's turning over a new leaf? :p

If yousuf can start playing with this temperament then bye bye jadeja

He's a lot better than Jadeja though. Nayar won't come in LL, especially now when there's no time left for the WC. Happy with Parthiv's inclusion and good to see Karthik not given another opportunity.

You're on my hitlist. :spy

Just a one-off performance. Though I give him full credit for his achievement, I am pretty sure we won't be to privy to such a treat anytime in the near future.

He's a lot better than Jadeja though. Nayar won't come in LL, especially now when there's no time left for the WC. Happy with Parthiv's inclusion and good to see Karthik not given another opportunity.

Yeah, I know. They didn't even pick him for the last India A teams, so it's pretty obvious he's not even in the picture really.

Good stuff from Yusuf there. Factor in some poor bowling at times, and probably not the greatest bowling line-up out there at the moment though. But, still, a mighty fine effort from Yusuf - wouldn't have expected this from him.

Saurabh Tiwary looks so bad against the quicks anyway. Those last few strokes when the pressure was off were gorgeous, but before that, it was too much of a struggle. Probably needs to think about playing the more orthodox shots straight down the ground, instead of trying to hoick it over mid-wicket.

Talking about NZL, why didn't James Franklin bowl ? Is he injured or is it just that Vettori forgot all about him :D

Vettori could have given him one over, it could have turned the game. I mean when things aren't working your way, why not try something else.

Oh no! Just hope this change in Yusuf is for good and permanent. He has made it very very tough for the selectors to chop him off the WC squad. The good thing is, it might shut out Ravindra Jadeja which will be a good thing. But I hope Yusuf lives up to his hype finally and helps India in the WC.

Good win. Wonder what NZ have to do to win a game.:lol Feel sad for them.

Wow what a knock by Franklin, that is the best I've seen him bat at this level. Given Oram hasn't produced one of those knocks in ages he'll struggle to get back in.

I reckon there's rom for both of them in the side. Franklin at 6, Oram at 7 and Vettori at 8, with Vettori to promote himself if the situation requires it. Franklin and Oram down there give us the firepower to make the most of the batting powerplay, and with Mills and McCullum/Southee after Vettori it would bat down to 10. But that was a great knock by Franklin. I need to find the posts where people were rubbishing my belief in Franklin. He's showed those doubters :p

Talking about NZL, why didn't James Franklin bowl ? Is he injured or is it just that Vettori forgot all about him :D

His bowling has been quite bad ever since his injury. He's probably best played as a part time bowler, like Elliott, Williamson or Ryder.

I haven't really been a Franklin fan, remember before these two matches he'd played 75 ODI's without scoring a 50, and he had been tried all over the order.

Good on him though for getting it together, and hopefully he can do this for us in the Pakistam tour, and then in the World Cup.

I'd say Franklin and Oram are competing for different positions in the order, these days Franklin's a batting AR, while Oram's a bowling AR. Everyone who dislikes Oram dislikes him for his batting, but remember he's been one of the most economical ODI bowlers over the last five or so years.

Assuming Oram's fit, hopefully they play Oram/Vettori at 7/8, and not 6/7, then there should be room for Franklin as well.

If India win 5-0, we are No.2 back again, and SL cant get back to No.2 even if they beat WI 5-0 in their ODI series.

Damn it, Yusuf's in the WC squad.

Zak and Bhajji should bowl in the death, they do a decent job at it. Finish Nehra's overs within the first 40, and PK's within the first 30.

PK was pretty good in the death overs last time I saw him play though.

Users who are viewing this thread