New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka, 2009

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Paranavitana needs to go if he doesn't score in the next Test. To fail twice against a poor Test side like NZ, at home, is not good enough if you want to succeed against better teams. He hasn't been in any danger of hitting a century in any of his six matches so far. Failure in the next Test should see him jettisoned, and someone else brought in.

kumara1234

School Cricketer
Paranavitana needs to go if he doesn't score in the next Test. To fail twice against a poor Test side like NZ, at home, is not good enough if you want to succeed against better teams. He hasn't been in any danger of hitting a century in any of his six matches so far. Failure in the next Test should see him jettisoned, and someone else brought in.

He just got two good deliveries. Para is the only one for us having a proper technique for an opener atm. Warnapura and Tharanga is far behind. I don’t think we can change test openers so rapidly.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
wow our first and second backup keepers in Ryder and McIntosh both got sick...which is why Young had to play..

nikhil_99

International Coach
NZ have lost 1 wicket early in this session, very very difficult task ahead,New Zealand require another 376 runs with 8 wickets remaining,and min overs remaining 91,so only rain can save them,becuase its a 5th day sub-continent track,which will help spinners,and there are rough patches...tough for NZ

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Guptill's dimissal was so ugly. Yes the ball did quite a lot but he didn't even move his feet.

McIntosh, well he's back to normal I guess. I just hope Oram and Taylor play some shots, no Ryder and McCullum I think.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
NZ paying so negatively? it?s a shame really. They have no plane other then hopping for some rain. On what I see I really don?t think they will win anything in this tour

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Guptill's got no footwork, he is better off smacking the ball hard like Dilshan.

Totally agree. He's an attacking batsmen so he should just go out there and give it a whack. There's no point of trying to bat time if your not good enough to do it, we've been so negative during this test.

Although the sickness doesn't help.

Chewie

BCCI President
They've been playing more aggressively recently... ever since Ryder came in. We gonna see a 222? :D

Chewie

BCCI President
I went to the TV once O'Brien got in so I could watch and laugh at Martin's batting...but he didn't even face a ball! :(

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Wow. That sucks.

I'm pretty pissed tbh, Flynn, McIntosh, Taylor and Guptill really should have a look at Vettori.

I don't know what to say at the moment but I hope we don't see Jeetan Patel for a long, long time. Vettori should start playing at seven also, he's easily good enough. Considering the amount of players that have been sick during this game I don't think we can bash them too much though.

1.Watling
2.Guptill (Play your shots)
3.Broom
4.Taylor
5.Ryder
6.McCullum
7.Vettori

Then 8-11 our four best bowlers. That's what I want to see against Pakistan later on during the year. Flynn's never going to be good enough, and McIntosh is probably the worst opener I've seen in a long time.

Ari

International Cricketer
My XI right now would be:

1: Watling
2: Guptill
3: Taylor
4: Ryder
5: Vettori
6: McCullum
7: Franklin
8: Butler
9: Tuffey
10: Bond
11: Martin

Vettori's stats over the last six years are good enough for him to bat at five. He is the captain its time for him to man up and lead from the front none of this hiding down at number eight. Have our four best pace bowlers three of which can bowl over 140 easy when they bend their backs. Our attack right now lacks penetration this should fix that. Vettori and Franklin give us two allrounders which give the attack some variation and some batting depth.

irottev

School Cricketer
That's harsh on Patel. He wasn't helped by the bug and probably not being a great selection considering we decided to field first with 2 seamers. :/

Vettori was again our best batsman. Time and time again he does it. People have to start going on, so many 20's and starts and not enough fifties and hundreds (especially hundreds)

Next time I hope we bat first. Oram isn;t bowling or batting well enough but it's tempting to keep him in the side just to get him in ODI form.

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
STFU you cocky little bitch. I thought Murili and Mendis were meant to destroy us or something. Wow, 6 wickets to Murili is good but 3 wickets to Mendis, hardly convincing really. Mendis is really over-rated, he couldn't even get wickets against our half sick batting line up which is weak enough when half the side isn't sick. It's Thushara who's done the damage. We're a better one day side, so prepare to be dicked in that.

Sri Lanka's on field conduct has been appalling. Their on-field decision challenges are not in the spirit of the game. I hope the match referee cracks down on it. And they're even over decisions the umpire got right. Plus if anyone had the right to do it it was the likes 0of Oram who got terrible decisions.

Harper is terrible. Half the umpires (probably over half tbh) aren't up to scratch. We need technology ASAP.

This reaction is laughable. It's not his fault NZ are a poor Test outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread