New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe Oct-Nov 2011/12

Great Innings from Brendan Taylor. We probably haven't scored enough but It's a lot more then I thought we would score earlier on. :)

Nice prediction haha

I wouldn't be surprised if Zimbabwe give us a run for our money here but I think our batting should be strong enough to chase it down

Another bad loss. We have only managed to take four wickets in four matches, and one of those was a run out. Ray Price has lost his aggressive nature, he doesn't seem to be sledging the batsmen any more and his bowling has just just been defensive, Utseya isn't overly attacking so neither will likely pick up a heap of wickets. Both our attacking spinners (Lamb & Cremer) are injured, so I guess we will just have to make do with what we have. Mpofu is struggling to get wickets as well, even when he want back to domestic cricket he was out bowled by the other seamers, they are going to have to bring in Meth, He's been getting bucket loads of wickets in domestic cricket, plus he's got his new teeth. :)

Don't know how much we can read into that performance but they really shouldn't have let them get to 230 after having them 20-4. In saying that well done to Brendan Taylor and also to Mutizwa though they batted really well to come back from that position. It is the start of the season and after what happened this time last year at least we are getting some wins on the board.

Who was it who said Rob Nicol should've been in our World Cup squad? :wave

Yes it's only Zimbabwe so I'm not going to get carried away, but the amount of talent in Nicol/Guptill/McCullum/Ryder/Taylor/Williamson as a top six is as good as any other one in the world, so it's now just about them applying themselves and putting it together against the best bowling attacks in the world.

Tbh though before the start of every season I always talk us up, and we turn out to be a massive fail, so hopefully this season they can perform as well as they should.

----------

I'm not really sure about our bowling attack without Vettori and Southee though, it seems rather weak. Yes Taylor's a decent player, but he's not world class, so it's a bit of a worry to see him scoring so many runs and so fast.

Nicol did play well but tbf he probably would have had more trouble with some of the club cricket attacks around here than the zimbabwe one. The bowling is a real concern for me, its really strange without Vettori. I guess you just get used to him bowling his 10 for 30 odd, and that could be a real big loss. I also still believe Franklin should not be anywhere near the bowling crease, some of the tripe he serves up he'd be lucky to go for less than 10 an over against a better team.

----------

I'd also rather Williamson not be in the ODI side atm. Hes really going to be a problem whenever he comes in because he scores so slowly. Just leave him in the test team for now I reckon.

Again New Zealand do this!! 80/4 in 25 overs and Zimbabwe make 259 at the end of 50 overs and Taylor hits back to back century!!

He looks a good player in making for Zims!! Congrats Taylor and hope his this ton does not go in waste.

----------

Zimbabwe score 180 runs in last 25 overs goes to show the dead bowling is too weak for NZ

Good score there by Zimbabwe. But does their bowling have enough stuff to trouble NZ. Nope :rolleyes Two early wkts and some excitement might start. But even this wont help as NZ can bat deep down.

We have four openers lol

This run chase could get a bit nervy but I think we've got it in the bag.

Meth is proving his worth. He's not fast but he swings it both ways, and is a definite strike bowler. Plus he's handy with the bat. :D

Taylor, 107 off 105, obviously a bloke taking no risks and played for himself. :S

Meth is proving his worth.

Could have had McCullum on the final delivery!

Nicoll struggled and Meth got him in the end. McCullum now also slow off the mark. He had best be wary of trying to experiment with Meth.

Taylor, 107 off 105, obviously a bloke taking no risks and played for himself. :S

He cant help it though....After he came to the 60's, he could have tried something different but if he gets out...then Gone...the rest will fall apart & they wouldnt have got to this score...

So, he did the best thing for Zimbabwe by being there till the end at one end and the other guys doing their bit with him....& reach this score atleast....

Users who are viewing this thread