New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe Oct-Nov 2011/12

Watling's just as bad against spin as Guptill is iirc

Williamson will come good, but he should be batting further up the order in a more of an anchor role, surrounded by the aggressive hitters like McCullum, Taylor, Ryder.

It's Zimbabwe, we don't really need to care about who we play, they probably also wanted to give everyone in the squad a run.

Aldridge is still in his prime and is as consistent as ever in domestic cricket. With the injuries we have, there's no harm in trying him against Zimbabwe, especially when all the younger bowlers we would have sent over are injured anyway.

Except for Boult. Dunno what's up with him.

I have to agree with ferg about Aldridge, he comes across as the sort of bowler who's going to get taken to the cleaners against a decent batting line-up. Yes he might [arguably] still be at his best, but he definitely won't be within the next two years. At least give someone young a go, like you (Chewie) say someone like Boult should be there.

Williamson is all class, would that be the second fastest century by a NZer?

Lets be honest though thats not really an international attack. With all due respect to Zimbabwe they do have some very promising batsman but that bowling attack is woeful. At least its a good hitout for our batsman I suppose, and I'm glad it wasn't just McCullum and Guptill who got a bat like it was in the last couple of games.

I knew that people would discount Williamson's century, even though I was telling you all that he can hit out and score quickly. I think he showed that he can perform down the order as well

I get the feeling Taylor isn't using Meth right. Meth thrives on swing, and this is conducive with a new ball. It'd be good if he bowls him out up front, as his second spell normally isn't that great. And their fielding was atrocious!

I knew that people would discount Williamson's century, even though I was telling you all that he can hit out and score quickly. I think he showed that he can perform down the order as well

Don't get me wrong I'm a Williamson fan, but come on you would see better bowling attacks in low grade club cricket. Good on him for making the most of the opportunity though, I really don't want to sound negative but I'm just being honest.

I think thats the 2nd fastest now, overtaking Orams hundred vs the Aussies a few years back but McMillans still fastest in that chappell hadlee game in Hamilton.

----------

I get the feeling Taylor isn't using Meth right. Meth thrives on swing, and this is conducive with a new ball. It'd be good if he bowls him out up front, as his second spell normally isn't that great. And their fielding was atrocious!

He did bowl some ok yorkers at the end just a shame in between were a couple of full tosses and half volleys that got smashed.

Wow! Zimbabwe 295/6 :eek: These two - Waller & Chigumbara have done a wonder. 112 partnership in about 14 overs. :cheers

Three 2nd ball ducks for Zimbabwe, but still a good chance of chasing down 328 needing 21 off 18 balls and 2 wickets in hand, one of which is Waller on 81 off 63.

Where are you :D....they require a run of 2 balls...ooohhhh...1 wkt in hand:eek:

Wowie...They Won...They Won....:cheers Waller 99 n.o :p

Last edited:
Damn I was getting live updates from an inferior site :p Only India and Eng being broadcast here :(

----------

and the abuse of Meth by the Kiwis really showed when they took the field.

What a great win! Sometimes innings like that are the making of a player, let's hope this is the case for Malcolm Waller.

What a match. Missed it unfortunately. Hopefully Zib can build on this win and build a good team.

Users who are viewing this thread