New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe Oct-Nov 2011/12

Spirited chase resulting in an incredible victory for Zimbabwe, they certainly are a good batting unit, especially in limited overs cricket..they didn't capitulate in face of a mounting asking rate after Brendan Taylor left. That should give them a huge boost. It remains to be seen if ZIM can shed their over-reliance on Brendan Taylor, especially in Limited overs.

I saw the last 3 overs of the match and I was surprised that Zimbabwe reached so far. Especially since New Zealand scored 329 runs in the first innings.

I am pretty sure some people lost a lot of money on this match.

Zimbabwe have had a good run in their cricket since their return to the Test arena. They managed to beat Banlga, almost ran close to Pak and now they have chased down one of the highest totals in the history of the game against NZL. Good going by them and they could seriously go back to being as strong as they used to be earlier.

Prior to earning their test status, they'd beaten India TWICE. :p
Coming back to the match, that was an awesome run-chase! Managed to see only the last five overs, and Waller took them home in some style.

Last edited:
Did not think NZ would make 300+ after being 3 down for not many. Williamson first big knock on this stage and in quick time which was an issue for him. It's good to see Zimbabwe finally backing up B Taylor.

Really good win for Zimbabwe, they showed what they can do when they bat as a unit. Waller was brilliant & Chigumbura's hitting does come off every now and again. It will give the side some confidence going into the test match. :)

Damn it, I would've stayed up if I knew that was going to happen! Great win for zim dont know wtf our bowlers are up to though. Lucky I saved myself earlier by only criticising Zims bowling :p

Hope Zims give a good fight to the Kiwis cause Kiwi's middle order is yet not been tested perfectly and they if kept under pressure could well collapse

Seriously, wtf was that...

I didn't see any of the match, but considering that it was Zim's higher ever run chase in ODI cricket, I have to assume that we bowled horrid.

What has happened to our bowlers stocks, I'll go as far as saying that that's the worst New Zealand bowling attack I've ever seen. Surely they could have brought in someone like Martin for Mills considering I assume he's over their for the test, and at least added some experience to that attack.

Surely Ryder must be able to bowl after so much time off, or is he never able to bowl again?

I can see our bowling attack just getting annihilated this summer, considering the ease at which B. Taylor scored runs this series (and lets be honest he's no where near the class of the Australian and South African batsmen), and the confidence of some of our bowlers after that horrendous performance.

At least Vettori and Martin will be back for the test, but looking at our squad at least one of Aldridge or McKay will have to play...

----------

Hope Zims give a good fight to the Kiwis cause Kiwi's middle order is yet not been tested perfectly and they if kept under pressure could well collapse

Our batsmen have been dominating the Zim attack... McCullum/Guptill/Williamson/Taylor/Ryder have all scored scores of 50+ in the ODIs. Brownlie or Watling will be our sixth batsmen, which means that only one player in our top/middle order has not been "tested perfectly".

Tbh I can only see us winning or it being a draw, I can't see Zim's bowling attack dismissing our top order twice. Yes I can definitely see the test being a draw though, considering our bowling stocks, although we should be heavy favourites considering I've seeing nothing from Zim other than B. Taylor and one special Waller innings.

Brownlie is playing at 6 in the test, I think it was confirmed beforehand.

Great show by Zimbabweans. They came close to beating Pakistan on a few occasion and finally learned to finishing the game with this victory. I think they have more potential than Bangladesh and will be a threat to lower ranked team from hereon in.

I am pretty sure some people lost a lot of money on this match.

Even my vcash got saved. For the first one-dayer I had staked 40000 on the Kiwis and wanted to stake more on them for the 3rd ODI. Luckily, the event wasnt created...Thanks to rizkhan for that :p

Last edited:
Zimbabwe's batting is really is more Excellent,
But,
Not backed up by the bowlers:noway

Apart from Waller 99 the zimmers batsmen to chip in and help chase down the runs were the usual suspects - Masakadza 36, Taylor 75, Taibu 53 and Chigumbura 47. Basically the zimmers' 'big guns' fired

I wouldn't say the zimmers bowlers did anything special, maybe the fact is they did just enough early on to reduce the kiwis to 41/3 and that made the difference in terms of the kiwi total being slightly below what it might have been. While the zimmers were 0/1 they put on 100 for the 2nd wicket and despite being 183/5 managed to sustain momentum with partnerships

So credit to the zimmers, a well chased win.

Yeah I would have to agree Callum, don't think I've really seen a worse NZ attack either. I really want to know where the heck Mills is, he simply can't be injured after not playing for 6-7 months. Also why would you rest Bracewell but then play Aldridge again?? We desperately need Southee back, he'll be fit for the Aus tour right? Just wondering other than him and Martin we don't really have much in the way of a third seamer apart from maybe Arnel.

----------

Also wtf is half the ODI team doing in the squad for the hong kong sixes? Is this some kind of joke? Theres no way they deserve an easy weekend off after that performance.

Users who are viewing this thread