New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe Oct-Nov 2011/12

Apparently McKay may have recovered in time from his illness

Ryder's just a joke now, I just don't see how a professorial athlete can be so unfit. Like he bowls three balls and they're saying he might not be able to bowl ever again, surely you can figure this stuff out in the nets and see if he's going to be fit to bowl in the match.

Something has got to be wrong with how our bowlers are training, when you think that three out of our four best pace bowlers our out, and one of our best batsmen is out after bowling medium pace.

Vettori and Martin both did alright in the warm-up which is good to see, considering the average-ness of the rest of our attack.

Ncube looks like the only one capable of getting a wicket, two lbw shouts haven't gone his way.

Zim could easily had NZ five down at the close. Overall some disciplined bowling, though.

Williamson, what a dismissal, i had him down for 300 :p

Gift wicket that was from Ross Taylor. Go Zims.

I'd say NZ are still firmly in control, but maybe after that first session they've just left the door open a bit.

Zims have done everything right. First they did not allow New Zealand to score freely and then this!! 40 overs for 86 runs but the best part was only losing 1 wicket.

I know New Zealand's bowling is not the best in the world(even worst then India's ) but no credit taking away from Zims. Go the Zimbabweans!!

That was some pretty poor batting from us, we should have easily got to at least 500 on that pitch against that attack. Zimbabwe did stick to their plans on day two though, so credit to them.

I still don't think we can lose the match from here, but the slow RR has meant that we're going to struggle to get the win from here, unless we can really take advantage of the conditions on day five.

I though Martin would have enjoyed those batting conditions and might have been able to get off the mark, but no...

We really should have made at least 500-600, some of the dismissals were pretty horrible. I'd be pretty surprised if we do take 20 wickets tbh, I think our only chance is if they get bored and try and have a go at Vettori and he can get a few wickets.

Yeah, I'm not sure what their plan is going forward against Aussie and SA, because we're going to need five proper bowlers there, but we're also going to need batting.

If they're looking to win the tests they'll need to take 20 wickets, so I think something like this:

Guptill
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Vettori
Young
Mills
Bracewell
Southee
Martin

Very risky obviously with only five batsmen, which is why I'd be inclined to play Mills and Bracewell because of their batting ability.

If they're just looking to draw the matches, I assume they're have Brownlie there instead of one of Mills/Bracewell.

Yeah, I'm not sure what their plan is going forward against Aussie and SA, because we're going to need five proper bowlers there, but we're also going to need batting.

If they're looking to win the tests they'll need to take 20 wickets, so I think something like this:

Guptill
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Vettori
Young
Mills
Bracewell
Southee
Martin

Very risky obviously with only five batsmen, which is why I'd be inclined to play Mills and Bracewell because of their batting ability.

If they're just looking to draw the matches, I assume they're have Brownlie there instead of one of Mills/Bracewell.

Put Brownlie in instead of Mills and you've got what I think would be the team

Users who are viewing this thread