New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe Oct-Nov 2011/12

Not like Mills is really a test bowler anyway

I know but just the fact that hes injured after bowling a few overs in an ODI after having 6 months off.

He would have been training the whole time though. What would you say to the people who are injured then without having played at all :rolleyes

The Zimbabwe XI's squad has been announced for the tour match:

Tino Mawoyo (Capt), Regis Chakabva, Elton Chigumbura, Mike Chinouya, Innocent Chinyoka, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingirai Masakadza, Natsai Mushangwe, Forster Mutizwa, Njabulo Ncube, Ed Rainsford, Vusi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu, Malcolm Waller.

A stronger side then what I expected, which means there is quite a few spots up for grabs. Mawoyo hasn't had much time in the middle since his unbeaten 163, so hopefully he gets some time to bat. Finally the match is being played at the second ground in Bulawayo, which is good because there is no point in having a two day tour match on a flat pitch. :p

NZers 344/8 (90.0 ov, KS Williamson 86*, JS Patel 19*, N Mushangwe 2/76) - Stumps | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

I was wrong the match is being played at Queens sports, (the same venue as the test match) unless cricinfo has made a mistake. Utseya has one more wicket so far, so He will most likely get the second spinners spot, It's a bit early for Mushangwe to be playing tests so I'm not too worried. Four seamer's are battling it out for one spot, Rainsford has been most economical, but he's struggling to get wickets lately so we might need to look at someone more attacking. Hopefully the batsmen spend plenty of time in the middle tomorrow.

Another good Innings from Kane Williamson.

Our major batting concern would have to be Reece Young, considering he hasn't played any cricket since March, and he failed there with only four runs.

Our bowling looks very weak, hopefully they can find some form tomorrow.

Utseya in the warm up games has made a case to the selectors for his inclusion to the test squad.

Final Scorecard:

Tour Match: Zimbabwe A v New Zealanders at Bulawayo, Oct 28-29, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Not much from the batsmen, except for Waller.

Utseya in the warm up games has made a case to the selectors for his inclusion to the test squad.

Yeah Utseya should get in the side, with Lamb & Cremer both Injured, he's our best second spinner.

This is the XI I'm predicting for the test match:

Tino Mawoyo
Vusi Sibanda
Hamilton Masakadza
Brendan Taylor
Tatenda Taibu
Malcolm Waller
Elton Chigumbura
Prosper Utseya
Ray Price
Kyle Jarvis
Chris Mpofu

Hopefully Taibu's finger injury has gone, otherwise we are going to have to play Mutizwa or Chakabva.

NZ are playing test match after quite some time.
Any idea who are gonna be opening in test matches for them ?

I don't see names like Peter Ingram or Tim Macintosh in their test match line-up these days. Have these guys been kept out of central contracts ?

NZ are playing test match after quite some time.
Any idea who are gonna be opening in test matches for them ?

I don't see names like Peter Ingram or Tim Macintosh in their test match line-up these days. Have these guys been kept out of central contracts ?

Brendon McCullum & Guptill will most likely open. Ingram only played one test, and I think that was batting at three against Australia, he might of played in one of the tests against Bangladesh, I can't remember. Tim McIntosh wasn't consistent enough in the end.

Zimbabwe Squad:

1. Brendan Taylor (captain)
2. Regis Chakabva
3. Elton Chigumbura
4. Kyle Jarvis
5. Hamilton Masakadza
6. Tinotenda Mawoyo
7. Keegan Meth
8. Natsai Mshangwe
9. Forster Mutizwa
10. Njabulo Ncube
11. Raymond Price
12. Vusimuzi Sibanda
13. Malcolm Waller

They've axed three senior players and haven't included Utseya.

NZ don't have many options for the test, with only 12 men in the squad now. The decision is basically over whether we play Patel or Watling. They both contribute so little that it wouldn't really matter who was picked tbh :p

Since neither can bowl, i'll take BJ, because he's at least mediocre.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread