New Zealand vs Sri Lanka - ODIs

as a fellow kiwi, its just nice to string some wins together :) i know Fleming will take the team forward well and it will be interesting to note any changes in tactics if any.

i hope mills groin will be ok, they should rest him a game, cause i want him bowling in the test side.

i have a strange team for FC but they seem to be getting me a few points, i based my team on the batters who i thought would score consistently near the top and bowlers who could take wickets, i felt the NZ middle order wouldnt get a lot of time batting, so i picked SRL all rounders and nz top order and wicket taking bowlers.

captain is oram :P

hop he gets into a slogfest on the back of 3 wickets

ok Flems back in form :D

SP Fleming c Canning b Pasupati 104runs 171mins 117balls 12x4 2x6

woohoo!

Fleming is playing domestic cricket while he should play with New Zealand? I thought he wanted to attend the birth of his child and get some rest. Mills is injured? What's going on.

I hope Mills doesn't play though. He's got too many wickets so far.

Well its seems this times the FC has different story as nearly no one's captain is doing well:( Still i am at 9th place.
A good performance from Mahela Jayawardene,Peter Fulton,Muttiah Muralitharan,Chaminda Vaas, specially :)Daniel Vettori:) can change my fortune.

Mills is out for this tour I am sorry to say. Oram is out as well.

It seems mainly a precautionary move since the series is dead.

Oh dam :( Never mind Mills has done his job. I have 10 other players plus my captain who hasn't done anything yet.

But you are still on top. For me just Oram is out. For others Oram, Mills and Jayasuriya :) Although I don't like them to get injuries. But this means Styris, Vettori and Cairns can take some more wickets. I still hope New Zealand wins the next match.

If I could wish for anything for the next game it would be for Cairns to get wickets and runs. Hes such a great player to watch.

ive been watching Cairns closely the last few games, his bowling is still not right but slowly coming around, however his batting is starting to show promising signs, hes such a confidence player who flourishes when others are not, that i think hes suffering from performance anxiety in the face of improvements in fellow teammates.

he used to be the big fish in a small pond.

now he is a fish swiming alongside some big fish in their own right.

times are changing and i think he is lacking confidence in his ability to shine.

the six he hit in the last match gives me hope for him.

hes class, class never fails to shine at some point.

McCullum is the next 'big thing' in NZ cricket, we havent seen his absolute best yet, i remember him being the player of the toiurnament in the u19 world cup a few years ago.

hes just coiming of age, lets hope he gets to bat at 6-7 more often.

I thought you guys who had Oram and Mills were the smart ones after the first game - and maybe you were! I was certainly kicking myself for not picking them. But the dice have rolled completely differently now - and now I'm un-kicking myself. My team is still intact (I think).

This series of the 5 or so that I've participated in so far seems to be the most difficult to make any predictions on. It's a shame that reserve players don't work properly, it removes what looks to be an interesting layer of depth from the FC and makes us more susceptable to just plain bad luck :(

Users who are viewing this thread