New Zealand vs Sri Lanka - ODIs

this is fully bad for the most of us, so i think the score will be close again.
only 2 or 3 will have a benefit after this two ODIs and they will be on the top. forget this one, its gone for us.

Good start by me and my captain did nothing, as was the case in the 2nd match. I wonder where I will be after the 2nd ODI. On Astle he wasn't in the orginal squad so obviously he wouldn't have been put into the comp.

Manager rankings after the second ODI between New Zealand and Sri Lanka:

aussie1st 754 :eek:
Octavius 649
Ashnal 620

viral1991 602
Prakash 601
GrantR 601
Stan 595
y2j826 591
saurabh2185 571
irottev 570
akira2291 561
Waqar Younis 66 550
cricket_lover 539
ZexyZahid 539
tutsipoppy2 536
brad 533
joffy 526
RussianVodka 522
ravigoteti 520
siddharth2002 518
Indiangod 507
britishchampion 497
FreddieFan 496
scorpion_rulezz 490
gamerkid22 489
Hariz 486
Abhas 481
Briggsey 451
jdbais 445
gary0808 405
awara_ladka 397

not bad aussie ;)
not bad for me also, i thought i will join the end, but im 11th, thats okay,
if vettori can get 4 or more wickets in the last 2 ODIs.

I don't have Mills. That's making a difference now. I hope Fleming let's Styris bowl a little more, so that he can get some wickets.

i hope fleming doesnt play, vettori is a better ODI captain :D

fleming is way out of form and i cant see him forcing his way back in the way the guys are going, i think he might sit this series out while the selectors make some hard decisions.

well done aussie thats a good lead in a tight field :)

He is actually the normal captain, so I think he will play. Also articles are confirming this.

Octavius said:
i hope fleming doesnt play, vettori is a better ODI captain :D

fleming is way out of form and i cant see him forcing his way back in the way the guys are going, i think he might sit this series out while the selectors make some hard decisions.

well done aussie thats a good lead in a tight field :)

I can;t believe your comment. First off Fleming is a fantastic captain and Vettori doesn't even come close. Vettori didn't do anything unorthodox really, he did a good job without being great. I mean he captained the Australian series where the Australians made 330 runs and 320 runs, I mean that doesn't spell out fantastic to me.

Fleming IS back and he IS captain for the next match. The team is announced. And I am glad because thats the way it should be. Secondly he isn't in bad form at all. He got a domestic 80 not out to win the game for Wellington today so thats great. THis season hasn't been his best but he still has looked very solid and is an extremly important part of our team. When he makes 50's and hundreds we win games. He can be defensive, attacking, he can play the ball anywhere on the field. Hes one of the most elegant stroker sof a cricket ball going around at the moment. Hes strong off his pads, straight down the ground and through the covers. He is great support for Vincent at the top. There is no way in hell he will be lef tout any time soon.

Anyway. I slipped a bit but I have Fleming and I am very confident he will warrent his plac ein my fantasy team. I picked McCullum which unfortonatly may of been a mistake because he hasn;t had to bat yet and mabee he won't at all. Vettori is my captain, he must be due for a wicket or two soon, hopefully theres a bit more spin on the next few pitches however it could be a bad thing becaus eof the Murili factor.

Personally for me Fleming is a good captain. No doubt for me. But I don't have him in the team, since I knew he would miss an ODI and eventually two ODI's.

I hope McCullum gets a chance to bat though or be placed higher in the order. So far he couldn't bat.

I put Fleming in because I presumed he would play Christchurch. Oh well, two games, if he gets some runs I won't regret it.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, im very glad to see Flem hit some runs today, i wasnt sugesting he be dropped, i was saying as we have won the series they might opt not to upset the squad as it stands. There is no doubt Flem is a top captain, especially in the longer version of the game, however i feel he hasnt been as cuthroat as he should during the middle overs the way Vettori has been. Dont get me wrong im a Fleming fan..my WoW character is called Flem!

but i felt just recently with his tumor, his baby, his form, he might sit out the next couple of games and give Vettori some more captaining practise.

and besides i didnt pick him in my FC team :P

but i take your points and agree 100% with most of what you say about him as a player. Hes world class.

sorry to wrinkle people's noses.

PS i also left out both spinners, because i know they made all the ODI tracks for batting this series.

containment doesnt get points.

the hard decisions i was referring to for the selectors is who to leave out to put Fleming back in..no way will they drop Flem..you never drop class (ditto for Astle..couldnt believe they dropped him)

cheers :D

:) Okie dokie.

If Fleming is going to Captain the World Cup, which is our best option, then getting him back up and running as soon as possible is a good idea. Vettori is vice captain so he will still have some imput, which is good. I am glad Vettori has had a go at captain, he did a good job.

I am a big fan of both players. The selectors have had hard jobs as of late but they are doing the right thing. New players needed to be introduced and McMillan and Astle needed a shake. If they follow in Cairn's shoes they will be back and better for it. Leving Astle out was hard and I am sad for him but I am sure he will be back for the West Indies tour. I must say though that the persistance of using Patel is strange. His economy and stuff even at domestic level isn't amazing/ I myself would like to see Bruce Martin perhaps. The only problem there is that hes a left arm orthodox so its not as good a mix. Hopefully he will develop.

I do regret having Vettori as my captain. I should of thought it out a little more. I usually take the team captain as my captain, seems like an easy thing to do. I am very glad I bonused Fulton, hes come up trumps for me.

Last edited:
I've been down this road beofre only to be run down at the home straight. Styris as I said hasn't done anything. Not helping when hes batting so low, I thought he would be at 4. His bowling isn't been used much either.

Users who are viewing this thread