New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The problem is there's just no one else to put in there. The only way to get him out of there would be to move Williamson from gully where he's better, but then McCullum will have to go there which won't solve anything.

Yeah I guess theres nothing you can really do. Things not looking good from here on, Franklin really should just be banned from bowling at all. He offers absolutely nothing, he isn't going to keep the runs down and he certainly isn't going to take a wicket (let alone create any chances). Guptill or Flynn would probably have more chance at taking a wicket.

----------

He almost needs his career bowling figures split into two parts, because they give the illusion hes a decent bowler (which he was but not for the last 4-5 years). Hes taken 1 wicket in his last 5 tests for 366 runs :facepalm

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Good start I suppose, Bracewell's been a little off but Southee and especially Boult were very good.

I was reading an interveiw Peter McGlashan did on his retirement and he reckons Trent Boult is the best bowler he's seen in domestic cricket in his ten or so years - including Shane Bond. Really high praise and perhaps just giving your teammate a decent shout but when you see him run in and bowl 145+ swinging the ball back in like he does it really does make you wonder.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
So Southee has done well as I expected. Kohli was brilliant yesterday and hope he goes on to make a big score today. His patnership with Dhoni will be crucial for India.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I don't understand why Manjrekar is making it a Tendulkar's inability to attempt a ball when it is more of Bracewell's excellence.

PS: Is it true, few conversations have been coming in on facebook posts:/.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Yeah the BCCI commentators are pretty awful. I don't mind Ganguly though but the rest are a complete bore. Who is doing the radio commentary by the way? Waddle?

Well, well. You got to go throw this article from a local daily published last year.

For the BCCI, the outlook is always sunny

----------

Advantage NZ. They might get a crucial lead here if Ashwin and Ojha doesn't come out with some heroics. India will have to do a lot of good work from now on to clinch the match.

ferg512

International Coach
This is just awesome from Southee, I have been hard on him in the past (rightly so I believe) but this has been an incredible spell. Being dropped was the best thing for him, as I think he was in his comfort zone a bit too much. The sad thing is Boult will probably go wicketless when hes deserved at least 2 or 3.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Good start I suppose, Bracewell's been a little off but Southee and especially Boult were very good.

I was reading an interveiw Peter McGlashan did on his retirement and he reckons Trent Boult is the best bowler he's seen in domestic cricket in his ten or so years - including Shane Bond. Really high praise and perhaps just giving your teammate a decent shout but when you see him run in and bowl 145+ swinging the ball back in like he does it really does make you wonder.

This performance by Southee (and to a lesser extent van Wyk) is why I'm sitting over here in New Zealand and not over there selecting our XI. :p

ferg512

International Coach
I can't even watch this now, awful captaincy from Taylor. I don't see why you can't just keep a standard field you would have much more of a chance at taking a wicket. We really should have had a 40 run lead given the position we were in, and it could end up being crucial.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
McCullum gets one back after that shocker in the first test.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I can't even watch this now, awful captaincy from Taylor. I don't see why you can't just keep a standard field you would have much more of a chance at taking a wicket. We really should have had a 40 run lead given the position we were in, and it could end up being crucial.

Most importantly Southee would've finished with 8/45 instead :p

Awesome stuff from the big fella though, nigh on untouchable during that spell.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Good start to the session, 2 wickets already, Yadav seems to have corrected his length, bowling a lot fuller.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I feel NZ might have played into India's hands here by not getting a big enough lead. With NZ not having a really threatening spinner to make use of this pitch and the conditions, India might chase down the target pretty easily when they get to it.

Both pitches have been excellent for test matches. The Hyderabad one gave enough assistance to the spinners who could rout NZ completely. And this pitch is a beauty. Seems to be producing a close and tight test match.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
Nz 244 lead with one wicket to go india have a really good chance of winning this test match. Ashwin again bowled really well for his 5 wickets. Hope india will take that one wicket quickly and try to chase down the target

Users who are viewing this thread