Next Aussie test opener?

Next Aussie test opener

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Now that Hayden has retired good time to see who should be the replacement.
Cricinfo has a good list of the canadiates and their chances - Cricinfo - Who after Hayden?

For mind it's between Jaques and Hughes, Rogers seems to be on the outer with the Aussie cricket team.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
isnt it Jaques?

He had the spot sealed until he got hurt and was playing well if i remember correctly.

wouldn't mind seeing Hussey open so that Hodge can get a test spot. Australia can really use him in the middle order.

Also I think I voted for Hughes by accident.

deerkick

Club Cricketer
I know nothing about Aussie domestic cricket really. With that said, maybe it'd be cool to take a gamble on the young Hughes.

Shaun Marsh has done well in limited overs cricket, but from what I've read he doesn't score too well in FC matches.

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
I know nothing about Aussie domestic cricket really. With that said, maybe it'd be cool to take a gamble on the young Hughes.

Jaques isn't even 30 yet. The guy made a ton in his last innings. He will and should be let right back into the team when he's fit. Which he is now I believe.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The only thing against Jaques is hes just returning from injury and his first game back is after the test squad is announced. But other than that he would be a good replacement for Hayden as he is another aggressive opener.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Jaques easily. I will be disappointed if he does not get his deserved go at the top.

Next in line should be Rogers followed by Hughes.

bushy

Club Cricketer
If its not rogers we are tweaked

should have been in the test team when they picked jaques plus he is in awesome form again. if not rogers move m hussey to open and bring in dav hussey at 5.

irottev

School Cricketer
Considering it was Jaques before he got injured along with Hayden, it's obviously going to be Jaques with Katich now.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
How could it not be Jaques? He was in great form then he got injured, he's not injured anymore so why wouldn't he be the opener?

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Jaques' injury woes will work against him, hes only just started playing again while Hughes is in top form.

the others wont even be considered imo

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I would've assumed Jaques has already got that Test spot as an opener (so I didn't vote for him). Katich just won himself a place while Hayden loses it. Hughes is definitely next in line though.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Jaques for sure, i doubt theres any doubt in the selectors mind on who will replace Hayden.

Jaques had the spot with Hayden
Katich filled in while he was injured.

So jaques will return as opener an instead of Katich being dropped to make way he now takes over Haydens spot.

If any of those guys hit poor form or suffer an injury I would want hughes given ago.

Users who are viewing this thread