Next Aussie test opener?

Next Aussie test opener

• Total voters
its gotta be phillip hughes hes most like about to score two centruries in a match against tasmania whith 151 in the first and hes 82 and stumps

Absolutely has to be Phil Hughes. When the team is suffering from a poor run of results you need players who are in form rather than someone who is just back from injury and still looking to play themselves back into form. When a team is going well you can generally carry a player returning from injury who maybe isn't at their best.

Brad Hodge however should warrant a place somewhere in the middle order.

With current form, it has to be Hughes now. I voted for him thinking he was first choice behind Jaques, but now it should be the other way around. They'll need him in SA.

Rogers so Australia can be indebted to Derbyshire for revitalising both their openers :p

It will be Hughes. Our Test team is experienced enough to nurture him, especially with team mate at his side. This is what our ODI team is lacking, they're mostly rookies, and are losing confidence quick

current form and history it has to be rogers.

u cant ignore a player in form who has over 10,000 runs

All good points but I think Marsh is the front runner right now as long as his hamstring doesn't keep him out for too long. Huges and Jaques are definately high in the running as well though Jaques has not played a game in almost 12 months and the selectors have overlooked Huges for Fridays odi, is this their way of saying we want another domestic season out of you? Finally I think Warner is also in with a chance especially if he can put together a couple of big scores in this series against NZ. To be perfectly honest I would like to see Warner given the shot I think he has the potential to be something special. Give him the nod for the South Africa tour, if he has a poor tour Hughes or Mash on the plane for the ashes.

Marsh is no where near the picture, had a poor summer in FC and not going on with his starts in the ODI form. Klinger and Rogers are definitely above him. Warner is the same, not even I could suggest he make the squad to SA unless you mean the ODI series.

And now it is all falling into place, Jaques pulled up sore after his matches suggesting he is still under an injury cloud.

Ponting wants opener resolution - Cricket - Fox Sports

Users who are viewing this thread