NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

Parra don't need him. They should be using their salary cap to keep some of the youngsters they produce. If they sign Finch they will pay him more than what he is worth.

Finch is alright, but no superstar like Tim Smith and playing Finch at 5/8 is a no no. Hes no runner like most 5/8s are. Him and Tim Smith just won't work.

I don't think the Sharks played that bad it is just that the Storm's defence was impossible to crack.

aussie1st said:
Finch is alright, but no superstar like Tim Smith and playing Finch at 5/8 is a no no. Hes no runner like most 5/8s are. Him and Tim Smith just won't work.

Smith's quality, but no superstar- not yet, anyway. I never watch entire matches, but from what I've heard and know, his errors outweigh his successes. I heard someone at my school say Dean Widders (or however you spell it) is set to leave Parra next season or something, 'that true?

Smith last year was rated us the next Johns. He couldn't put a foot wrong until the final series. This year he hasn't been too good hence you haven't heard much about him this season. But hes got more potential than Finch.
Widders I'm sure has left already to Souths.

Storm 8 points clear, I haven't seen that before. That's true domination.

It's been the Storms dominance with games that have got them the wins. Taking control of the game and with some great defence yesterday, it's gonna be almost impossible to break.

Other teams have been playing poorly too, Cowboys, Knights, Broncos, Sharks are all not playing their best at all.

Anyone still writing off the Raiders? ;)
They smashed the top 4 Dragons, Smith is back to the form that got him a SOO call up which he rejected. Carney is filling the 5/8 role really well, Weyman match the Dragons monster forwards and Graham was brillant.

What an interesting weekend of Rugby

The Cowboys beat the broncos :(
The Bulldogs beat the roosters
The knights beat hte rabbitohs
The raiders beat the Dragons
the eels beat the tigers
The sea eagles beat the Panthers

Woah everything is starting to change be ready for a cracking last 5 rounds and final series

I read something about the NRL considering the introduction of a youth based second-tier system to protect the emerging stars from developing serious injuries and the like....I don't like that sound of that.
Nice to see the Eels extending their streak even further- they've really come a long way, whilst the Tigers seem very shifty. Melbourne stay eight points clear as the Dragons lost, right?

Yep, and still 6 points clear of the Bulldogs. A win will surely wrap it up for the Storms. I think every other team fighting for that 8th spot will be looking for 7th instead.

Great win by the Raiders too, they took full command of the game pretty fast and to beat the Dragons premiership winning side is quite an effort.

Oh, yes, and by the way- Morley's an idiot! :p I saw it on Sports Tonight; it seems as if he commits an on-field crime almost every week! Actually, it's probably better that you guys are losing him...he may be a quality player, but he's moronic, with regards to violence, anyway. Yes, that Myles guy may have faked a bomb threat, but come on, it's RL, you can't have everything ;)

Last edited:
Go the Eels, what awesome defence in the first half. Hopefully they can keep on winning. What about Jarryd Hayne, he keeps scoring tries. He is up to 12 tries in only 9 matches. Broncos seem to be having their end of season collapse which has been the go in recent seasons.

Hayne should win rookie of the year easily. He just doesn't stop scoring tries. Eels are back on track for the top 8 and will be tough to beat.It's quite congested in the top 8 and if the top 4 teams lose again only Melbourne will be guarnteed a spot in the final series.

Morley did it because they thought it was out of frustration. But IMO, I reckon that he thought he wouldn't get caught because it was pretty fast or... there could be another reason. Hehe.

Hayne is a try magnet. He is the type of guy who will just glide into the gaps instead of forcing himself to get through. That's what is so good about him.

Users who are viewing this thread