NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

It was an unforgiveable passing error from Hodgson- very lazy work-, and definitely a lovely pick up and surge to the try line by Lockyer, but it was nowhere near one of the best origin tries ever- however, if you're talking about one of the best scenarios in which to score a comeback try, then yes....
Matt King's try was pretty good in terms of team play, though...

What I am saying with soccer is if it becomes really popular then people will follow that more than the football. Plus with the recent success of the Socceroos, soccer is starting to poke it's head through Australian sport.

Yes, seriously was a shocking effort from Hodgson. What a difference Minichiello can make and what a difference goal-kicking and mistakes can cause.

Was just a shocking effort from the blues in game 2 and a pretty horrible finish in game 3.

Storm got their biggest crowd in ages and showed they are the real deal. 6 points clear of 2nd place which would go back to 4 but the Storm really are in a purple patch. They may well take their 2nd title.

But as we know, NRL isn't always the game it seems. No one thought that Tigers would win the premiership did they? Until the Eels got knocked out and then the bandwagon began. NRL is losing a lot of popularity too btw.

Eels sure did surprise us all with a 46-12 win over the Knights...

The Eels finally seem to be hitting some form. The race for the top 8 is going to be tight, everyone except South Sydney in with a chance.

IloveGilly said:
But as we know, NRL isn't always the game it seems. No one thought that Tigers would win the premiership did they? Until the Eels got knocked out and then the bandwagon began. NRL is losing a lot of popularity too btw.

Eels sure did surprise us all with a 46-12 win over the Knights...

Well who knows what will happen in the final series, the Storm however will win the minor prem unless they choke up badly.

I think we have seen the fluation of the NRL already with the Cowboys and Knights tipped to contest for the title now struggling majorly.

My own team has started to go crap for some reason.

Well, taking that into account... We all have to pity whichever team comes 8th!

Also forgot to say congrats to Andrew Johns, now is the leader pointscorer in history. Enjoy it now Johnsy because El Masri will be steaming home.

What a game the Dogs vs Warriors game was. Warriors looked like they would rack up 50 the way they were going. But Dogs as usual fought back to make it 18-18. Then golden point Dogs did it easy scoring the match winning try. Ian Roberts has real potential can't believe how much talent the Kiwis have now.

Hazem was exposed again from the bomb which could well cost them the title if teams can keep the Dogs out.

Bulldogs don't deserve the 2 points, they should be split between the two teams, a good old fashioned draw. Golden point sucks, why should a team get extra time to win a game just because it was tied at full time. A team that is 1 point behind isn't given any extra time to win a match.

Well it does mean the fans get an extra 10 minutes. If the teams were that close then it would have gone another 10 minutes and the draw would have occured anyway.
But before ET I agree both teams played to a stand still.

The NRL would prefer it if there was 1 clear winner rather than a draw. It makes it easier on the table.

I think draws make the table far more interesting, just my opinion. Although in finals matches I understand that it has to be done because they need to have a winner.

Dam you Schif! Can't believe he switched code using some werid clause in his contract. At least the Reds have a good goal kicker now. Really big blow for the Raiders though, they will need to find a new captain, goal kicker and fullback. Such a big hole left by him.

Yeah they might become really bad if they dont find a good fullback who can control his team and play his position well.

Users who are viewing this thread