NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

What are you talking about. People can say that about any team.

The reason that no other teams play is because no one is willing too add more money into investing into the game in a dead area...

There just ain't any locals produced in Melbourne. All of their players are from the main two bases for League. There in lies the problem, same with the Force. There is hardly any home grown players.

Anyway those dam Storm killed my Raiders :( Far too good for us and showed why they are 4 points ahead of 2nd place.

IloveGilly said:
What are you talking about. People can say that about any team.

What I said about the Roosters you can't say about any other team. The Roosters are like the Storm, except based in Sydney. Roosters don't produce any local talent, they poach from outside their local district. Yes I know that there has been some players gone through the Roosters junior district league, but not many. They gave up being called Eastern Suburbs to try and appeal to more people, so why can't they change to Perth Roosters or Western Roosters. It's for the good of the game, trying to expand Australia wide.

Well, do you know WHY the Roosters have to buy players?

Because the Rabbitohs have taken all the feeder clubs and have left Sydney with 2, Newtown and the other Roosters team. Now if Rabbitohs started buying players then thats when I'd be pissed.

Feeder clubs don't do anything. Feeder clubs are just where the fringe 1st graders go and play if they aren't getting picked in first grade. The Roosters feeder club is full of players they bought or guys from other places looking for an oppurtunity in first grade.

It comes down to the fact that the Roosters don't have a strong base in Sydney when it comes to having a local area and producing good junior players through the ranks. They are the ideal candidate to be relocated. I'm not having a go saying the Roosters shouldn't be around, they just should be moved to help spread the game nationally.

Last edited:
So you just think that moving a team would help the game?

It's not that simple to move a team. You have to supply the team with players, then supply the team with stadium (which costs money) then supply them with feeder clubs and also money to advertise/promote the team. The NRL are going through so much already with the Titans and look what is happening. All of there players they have to buy.

And don't think that moving the players to a different location would work too because you have to supply them with moving costs and other expenses. If you understand what I mean then you'll understand that it takes a long time and costs a hell of a lot of money.

Iron-Haggis is dead on with regards to the sources of talent. The main bases are in the West and the South, as the North and the East simply don't have alot of youth in terms of numbers, and alot of that population is Asian, or a culture not as interested in Rugby of any code- not being racist or anything.
Yeah, moving is a tedious process, but it can ultimately help both the spreading of the game (not that anyone really wants that....;)) and in future, the Roosters' stocks.
Then again, it may never happen.

Not much talent in South Sydney ;)
They are buying a dam lot of players however. Vanaga, Kidwell and Asotasi is favourite to go there. They definitely are recuriting well, wish the Raiders could do the same.

aussie1st said:
Not much talent in South Sydney ;)
They are buying a dam lot of players however. Vanaga, Kidwell and Asotasi is favourite to go there. They definitely are recuriting well, wish the Raiders could do the same.

Yeah, I think you're being sarcastic ;), but anyway; South Sydney's based more around the inner city areas, south of the heart of the city, I think. I was referring to southern places like the regions around Sutherland for example, despite that being a huge football (soccer) industry these days, or Campbelltown, which is in a different direction entirely, but has produced heaps of players- usually from St Gregs, the high school. And then there's the west, which boasts huge League outlets like Penrith and Parra....

South Sydney produces loads of talent, has thinned out slightly recently. It's just that South Sydney never seem to be able to hold onto their good youngsters.

Moving a team will help the game. 16 teams is a good number for the competition. For the interest of promoting the game nationwide a team needs to be moved, preferably Perth, although the Central Coast could use a team. I understand that moving a team will costs lots of money, I never said it wouldn't. The Roosters are the best candidate for relocation, followed closely by South Sydney. Plus if you relocate them they can still have the same feeder clubs (which personally you are putting way too much emphasis on)

Iron-Haggis said:
South Sydney produces loads of talent. It's just that South Sydney never seem to be able to hold onto their good youngsters.

'Bit like Parra with regards to cricket... ;)

Dean Widders has signed for the new Roosters down South!
Hopefully the Rabbits are more competitive next year. They're doing better than us in the recuriting department. We're on the negative - Lost: Mogg, Hodgson, Woolford with Croker and Schif up in the air.

Thank God the Roosters didn't sign him. I personally hate him!

In other news, Minichiello looks like he won't be back for a while. Amazing how he has only missed 6 games in 6 years or something like that but the season which he is need most he gets injured!

How did Storms win? How? What's going on?

Dragons 8 over Eels 1
Sea Eagles 16 over Tigers 12
Dragons 18 over Broncos 16
Storms 16 over Bulldogs 12

Cronk to Webster in the 80th minute crosses for one of the most spectacular endings you can ever see. 74th minute and it was 12-6 with Bulldogs in control and then lost it all, even in the 79th minute it was only 12-10 but SOMEHOWStorms won!! Friday Night is so incredible!!!

It was the last play of the game. Cronk chips, Hofman runs and gets the ball and throws a no look in pass to find Webster and the Storm are over! Simply amazing stuff from them, it looked for sure the Doggies would win. That 5th tackle option really cost the Dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread