NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hayne apparently was a junior NSW track champion, which you can see with the amount of speed he has.

What was Morley thinking? He is an awesome player to watch and for him to do something like that is ridiculous. I'm gonna miss watching Morley smashing anyone who comes in his way. Atleast Parra have Fuifui Moimoi, he is the next best thing after Morley.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Very :( Dam pathetic team choking against the easy teams. They always do this, when things are looking up they suddenly go all crap and lose when they are expected to win.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Eels are doing a Tigers/Roosters/Bulldogs run into the final here. They seem to be peaking just at the right moment. Can't believe they signed Hagan cause Jason Taylor has got them this far and if he got them the title that would be one shocking call having to demote your Premiership winning coach.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
They signed Hagan quite a long time ago and no one would have guess Smith would have retired as coach with the form the Eels were in last year. The most interesting question to me atm is how will the Rabbits go with Taylor there?

Another thing that annoys me about supporters is that about 7 weeks ago I hardly saw any Eels fans (about 2 or 3?) in Parramatta until a couple of weeks ago. While walking around today there were fans everywhere (22 I counted :p). Talk about supporting your team, most people don't understand that supporting your team means going through the ups and downs and still be proud of your team.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Shocking :)

JT should do well at Souths plus they have recurited well so next year could be there year.

James219

International Cricketer
What? Hayne didn't score....shocking! :p
Nah, great stuff from Parra, they've really come along of late under Taylor, who I'm sure would give an entirely different perspective on things. I hear Beetson is at it again about implementing the Aboriginal and Maori sides in the upcoming WC, and the authorities have declined his requests....my view? Who really cares, it's only a RL cup! :) But I can see the logic from both conflicting parties.
And, Gilly, how many supporters of a team do you expect to see walking down a street? By the way, the Parramatta district is basically Lebanon, aka run by Canterbury fans :p
The only time I can remember massive evidence of public backing was ahead of last year's GF, when basically everything past Gladesville was flooded in black and orange!

aussie1st said:
Can't believe they signed Hagan cause Jason Taylor has got them this far and if he got them the title that would be one shocking call having to demote your Premiership winning coach.

Hagan was signed before this year's season even got underway and, if I remember correctly, Parra played Newcastle in the first round, which was quite ironic considering the fact that they had organized a direct coaching swap, with Smith going to the Knights. Anyway, isn't Taylor going to Souths as a reserve grade or assistant coach?

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
IloveGilly said:
Another thing that annoys me about supporters is that about 7 weeks ago I hardly saw any Eels fans (about 2 or 3?) in Parramatta until a couple of weeks ago. While walking around today there were fans everywhere (22 I counted :p). Talk about supporting your team, most people don't understand that supporting your team means going through the ups and downs and still be proud of your team.

Mate it's like that for all teams. Look at how many Tigers supporters showed up once they started winning.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well then you won't be seeing many Cowboys and Tigers supporters this week :)
The two form teams demolished both sides, and with the Eels I think we have our top 3.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Cmon the BRoncos. LEts see a victory over the Raiders today!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

jdbais

International Cricketer
C'mon the Panthers. A win over souths and we're in the top 8.

It's unbelievable how the sharks, cowboys and dragons have just collapsed at the end of the season. It has opened the door for the panthers and eels to come into the top 8.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I think its safe to say that Sharks and Cowboys both have an extremely small chance of winning the premiership. Dragons on the other hand still could do something and everyone has their eye on them.

You wouldn't want to finish 7th or 8th now...

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
Exactly right, you don't wanna be playing the Storm or the Bulldogs first up in the finals. Parramatta are starting to show the form that got them the minor premiership last season and to be perfectly honest it was about time that they did. The Tigers and Cowboys have been huge disappointments this season after doing so well last season, mind you they haven't been helped by injuries.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What a win by the Raiders :) Our home ground is starting to feel like the fortress again. Two teams in the top 4 have been smashed over here. Broncos are in a major form slump, they badly need a halfback to backup Lockyer and a proper hooker.

Souths beat the Panthers too so at least we're not the only full strength side to lose to them.

rabbitoh rob

International Cricketer
Go the rabbitohs

Some great buys for next year, the rabbitohs are on the rise and here comes number 21....

Users who are viewing this thread