Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Main things is I think we should be given a bit more time to set the field before a forfeit is offered for delay, especially given we have to set it again the first time the batsmen change ends. Didn't help that the default field I was given was so bad that I had to change almost every position. Ended up having to settle for 3 slips and a silly mid off as I simply wasn't given enough time to move everyone to appropriate positions. My thumbs don't move fast enough in the time allowed. Perhaps give us 60 seconds the first time and save the field until we choose to change it.

Maybe the forfeit thing could consider the match situation too. For instance, on the first ball of the innings it should be clear that I'm setting my first field, not deliberately delaying things. Fair enough in the 9th over with my opponent close to winning. Similarly, not releasing the ball a couple of times in the first over is most likely due to getting used to the timing, not trying to unsettle the opponent which it may do late in the innings.

Absolutely the correct thing to do!!!! The next patch will surely solve all the points that you mentioned :clap:clap

Folks, couple of quick questions for you and the other guys, related to field setting online...

1. Can't you choose the preset fields online the way we do offline by pressing right on d0pad? I mean it shouldn't take too much time to scroll to say "Pace Balance 1" or at the very least go away from an attacking field to a more defensive one.

2. Let's say I have created and saved 4-5 custom fields offline. Now when I play an online game, can't I access and select those fields by pressing right on d-pad?

Folks, couple of quick questions for you and the other guys, related to field setting online...

1. Can't you choose the preset fields online the way we do offline by pressing right on d0pad? I mean it shouldn't take too much time to scroll to say "Pace Balance 1" or at the very least go away from an attacking field to a more defensive one.

2. Let's say I have created and saved 4-5 custom fields offline. Now when I play an online game, can't I access and select those fields by pressing right on d-pad?

It doesn't take much time to set your fields once you have them done in the academy. Its only when you go into a match without any planning that you struggle with the fields. It works pretty well in my opinion.

It doesn't take much time to set your fields once you have them done in the academy. Its only when you go into a match without any planning that you struggle with the fields. It works pretty well in my opinion.

Does that mean you can't select preset fields or previously created custom fields by pressing right on d-pad?

Does that mean you can't select preset fields or previously created custom fields by pressing right on d-pad?

You can select preset fields by pressing down on d-pad. Pressing up on d-pad allows you to further edit the field.

You can select preset fields by pressing down on d-pad. Pressing up on d-pad allows you to further edit the field.

Thanks! That means if I've already created and saved a few custom fields, they will also be accessible.

Thanks for that tip, I didn't actually know about preset fields as offline I've always been setting my own field completely. Also didn't realise you could create them in the academy having not been in there to create anything myself. I do still think perhaps the first time it could allow a bit more time accounting for the fact that it's your initial field and may require some thought. Would also be good if it saved it until you changed it instead of having to do it again when the batsmen change ends.

online play

when I play online my bowlers only bowl at good length delivery and he only bowls at 113 kmh not more than that pls help me and yesterday I tried to play with legend mode there also my fast bowlers only bowls at good length and not more than 113 kmh ...

when I play online my bowlers only bowl at good length delivery and he only bowls at 113 kmh not more than that pls help me and yesterday I tried to play with legend mode there also my fast bowlers only bowls at good length and not more than 113 kmh ...

It's a well-known bug with the bowlers fatiguing too much, too quickly and not recovering. It will be rectified soon.

Well screw me. Tendulkar, Lara and Jadeja in the Sri Lankan team I'm playing...

Jaraarrow

So i am waiting for this game to be released on pc so i can play some old foes,what is online mode like,is there a top 20 with peoples online gamertags etc and is there something to stop quitters.?

Thanks! That means if I've already created and saved a few custom fields, they will also be accessible.

Yes they will.

----------

You are probably not timing your jump correctly. Try delaying it to get closer to the popping crease. Beware that this increases the risk of no-balls and therefore a forfeit.

I really do think a bowling HUD is required, especially for the casual folk to build up the number of online players.

Don bradman

OK instead of waiting untill june for pc release i might buy the game for the x box tomorrow.
I love playing people from here online though like i did on ashes 2009,the question i would like to ask though before forking out 45 quid is the online experience any good on this game?

There are issues with wireless (which will hopefully be fixed in patch 2).
If you can wait for the PC version I would.

Users who are viewing this thread