Discussion Online Play General Discussion

In online mode, I also found the bowler suddenly skip his run-up and go back and yet deliver the ball. Got me bowled a couple of times this way and I simply forfeit the match in frustration.

Then the damn annoying stumping issue which happens once too often. I think Patch#2 should address automatically attempting to slide the foot back in when not in.

Things like this take away the otherwise excellent gameplay.

I don't know how some of the people who play online don't have the minimum decency to wait for a sec and give time to the batsman for checking the field out and some others are willingly doing this, they change the field immediately if we get a chance to look at the field positions..... this is so frustrating.....

I think after the patch, front foot batting trick is no longer working, both in online and career mode which makes batting more tough.

I don't know how some of the people who play online don't have the minimum decency to wait for a sec and give time to the batsman for checking the field out and some others are willingly doing this, they change the field immediately if we get a chance to look at the field positions..... this is so frustrating.....

I think after the patch, front foot batting trick is no longer working, both in online and career mode which makes batting more tough.

Nothing to do with decency, it's all about cheesing online. I'm sure @BigAntStudios will patch online gameplay so the batsmen have a few secs to check out the field.

We have found that if the connection is good then the game behaves well, bad connections are certainly having issues - this will be a major focus heading towards patch#2

We have found that if the connection is good then the game behaves well, bad connections are certainly having issues - this will be a major focus heading towards patch#2

Ross, what's the minimum internet connection requirement for playing the game online and have an optimal experience? Maybe something like 2MB download & .5MB upload? Would be great if we can see the internet strength/ping of the opponent before starting the game.

Ross, what's the minimum internet connection requirement for playing the game online and have an optimal experience? Maybe something like 2MB download & .5MB upload? Would be great if we can see the internet strength/ping of the opponent before starting the game.

Yes, about an year ago, I had given the same suggestion to BigAnt about players being able to know the opponents internet ping before the online game but I guess it's not that easy to implement and may be it was ignored at that point....

Just played a good online match against Toecrusher28. @Toecrusher?

Had a few problems early on with black screen, not sure what was happening and dodgy running but overall it worked pretty well. Thanks for the game.

It only needs to be above 64k but the issue is if someone is using wireless in particular then there seems to be more latency than the game can handle.

I have played games that are fine across UK to Australia but they were both wired.

To above above about connectivity and ping times, there are restrictions on what we can report.

It's the occasional latency/retries that might be killing us.

We are trying to get to the bottom of it.

MS test at 48k and we obviously passed.

Online matches has become so frustrating....after the patch the game has become worse...some of the frustrating bugs are like:

1. Batsman plays grounded shot...fielder collects the ball and appeal for catch and umpire gives out...i lost 5 out of 7 wickets by this bug...(most frustrating)
2. Bowler starts run up and suddenly he starts running backward but delivers the ball which is very hard to judge.
3. When ball was hit in the gap, fielder runs toward the ball at normal speed but suddenly he become flash and save the boundary.
4. Run out bug was said to be corrected in the first patch but its still there...R2 works most of the time but many time it doesn't work.

There are only 2 plus points from the patch i.e.
1. we can see fielders position.
2. Fielders starts dropping catches.
I guess may be it's because of playing against users of different region. Try and play more against your own region users.

I would suggest an option to continue a game online by converting it to a normal AI match if one of the players quit all of a sudden (either due to disconnection or due to quitting for some reason, without forfeiting) ...

Getting frustrated starting games, but not able to complete them for the above reasons.

Here's some feedback from a game that @kushari and I just played.

This was the third game we are playing together. The first two games (pre-patch) were not as bad as today's game.

Positives

Nothing that is different from offline play. A great game. The game, if you can get through it (now that the Black Screen of Death is solved) and if you can ignore the myriad bugs, is super fun online (if you play with someone you know). If you haven't done so yet, I suggest you try it.

Negatives

Where do I begin?

• We start by both players given less than 5 seconds to pick their team and modify their batting lineup (and select kits).
  • Not nearly enough time for the batsman to check the field, because the bowler starts his runup before the batsman can view the field. The names over the players' heads is much better, but surely there should be an optional fielding radar for online. I understand that the game is trying to deter time-wasting, which is a good idea, but in practice it doesn't occur well. The simple solution is to give players the option to turn 'forfeit' on or off before the game is created. The game auto-forfeits the match if someone defaults on its very strict time-wasting rules.
  • Extreme lag occurred very often. I am on a 60Mbps connection in London. Kushari seems to be on a good connection as well in India. The bowler once stopped midway during his runup, but still delivered the ball (without any bowling animation - the bowler had himself stopped his runup)
  • Shane Warne bowled a ball which was a no ball, and the batsman hit a six. The number of runs awared to the batting team was not 7. It was 14.
  • Shane Warne took a wicket off the 4th ball of the over. After that, the over restarted. For a few balls after that, the number of balls bowled still showed 0. In all, he bowled 13 legitimate deliveries in the over.
  • Ball hits the batsman's leg, and he is given out bowled (this happened during an earlier game and happened twice).
  • The field needs to be changed after every ball if a wicket falls or the batsman changes. Unless you know exactly how to get to your pre-selected field, the ticker will begin. If you spend more than 30 seconds in an over adjusting the field and just waiting, the opposition is awarded a chance to accept a forfeit. Forget about changing your field in the last over of a tense game - you won't have the time to look through the settings.
  • I'm batting with a score of 158 off 9.4 overs. The run rate that the game states? 14.22. How is that possible? I noticed later that I had batted a total of 11.1 overs in my T10 game. These were the 7 extra deliveries that Warne bowled.
  • I bowled a few too many wides, and the game automatically gave the opponent the victory. I was only in my 3rd over, and had bowled perhaps 3-4 wides and 3-4 no balls in all. It didn't just offer him a chance to accept - it offered him the game. That was it - our game that we had just invested 1.5 hours on just vanished. The opposition spent so much effort bowling but didn't even get a chance to bat it out. Neither of us wanted the game to end - neither of us offered or accepted the forfeit. This was just gutting. Absolutely terrible feeling. And of course, a bowling meter will help reduce the number of bowling no-balls. But no, we don't get that.

Look, I'm as big a fan of the game as anyone on this forum, and have been speaking highly of it to everyone. But tonight's game was a disaster. I'm part of a few online leagues and running the Ranji league as well, and this does not bode well at all for online game play.

Really sorry to say this, but online has been a total let down, @BigAntStudios.

I agree with @arjwiz the online is extremely buggy. The problem is it is happening randomly. In some game few things are fine and other stuff are buggy and in some other game some new issues are cropping up. I was awarded the match without even accepting the forfeit request, it ruined all the excitement and experience.

Last edited:
Here's some feedback from a game that @kushari and I just played.

This was the third game we are playing together. The first two games (pre-patch) were not as bad as today's game.

Positives

Nothing that is different from offline play. A great game. The game, if you can get through it (now that the Black Screen of Death is solved) and if you can ignore the myriad bugs, is super fun online (if you play with someone you know). If you haven't done so yet, I suggest you try it.

Negatives

Where do I begin?

• We start by both players given less than 5 seconds to pick their team and modify their batting lineup (and select kits).
  • Not nearly enough time for the batsman to check the field, because the bowler starts his runup before the batsman can view the field. The names over the players' heads is much better, but surely there should be an optional fielding radar for online. I understand that the game is trying to deter time-wasting, which is a good idea, but in practice it doesn't occur well. The simple solution is to give players the option to turn 'forfeit' on or off before the game is created. The game auto-forfeits the match if someone defaults on its very strict time-wasting rules.
  • Extreme lag occurred very often. I am on a 60Mbps connection in London. Kushari seems to be on a good connection as well in India. The bowler once stopped midway during his runup, but still delivered the ball (without any bowling animation - the bowler had himself stopped his runup)
  • Shane Warne bowled a ball which was a no ball, and the batsman hit a six. The number of runs awared to the batting team was not 7. It was 14.
  • Shane Warne took a wicket off the 4th ball of the over. After that, the over restarted. For a few balls after that, the number of balls bowled still showed 0. In all, he bowled 13 legitimate deliveries in the over.
  • Ball hits the batsman's leg, and he is given out bowled (this happened during an earlier game and happened twice).
  • The field needs to be changed after every ball if a wicket falls or the batsman changes. Unless you know exactly how to get to your pre-selected field, the ticker will begin. If you spend more than 30 seconds in an over adjusting the field and just waiting, the opposition is awarded a chance to accept a forfeit. Forget about changing your field in the last over of a tense game - you won't have the time to look through the settings.
  • I'm batting with a score of 158 off 9.4 overs. The run rate that the game states? 14.22. How is that possible? I noticed later that I had batted a total of 11.1 overs in my T10 game. These were the 7 extra deliveries that Warne bowled.
  • I bowled a few too many wides, and the game automatically gave the opponent the victory. I was only in my 3rd over, and had bowled perhaps 3-4 wides and 3-4 no balls in all. It didn't just offer him a chance to accept - it offered him the game. That was it - our game that we had just invested 1.5 hours on just vanished. The opposition spent so much effort bowling but didn't even get a chance to bat it out. Neither of us wanted the game to end - neither of us offered or accepted the forfeit. This was just gutting. Absolutely terrible feeling. And of course, a bowling meter will help reduce the number of bowling no-balls. But no, we don't get that.

Look, I'm as big a fan of the game as anyone on this forum, and have been speaking highly of it to everyone. But tonight's game was a disaster. I'm part of a few online leagues and running the Ranji league as well, and this does not bode well at all for online game play.

Really sorry to say this, but online has been a total let down, @BigAntStudios.

Well Said, In this day and Age Online should be Number 1 Priority. I just feel Big Ant has not paid much attention to Online Gameplay. The game will grow with online. Online Gameplay helps with Longevity of the game, and encourages it's growth. I do have faith, that Big Ant will do their best to make our online transitions as smooth as possible. I just see it taking too long though, as there are many issues with online right now.

Users who are viewing this thread