Discussion Online Play General Discussion

What would be the English equivalent? Wales?

Hey, help me guys. I am new to planetcricket. How to join Online leagues. I am a PS3 user

Scroll Down in this same Sub Section , there is alot of Ongoing and Upcoming Leagues , go through them and apply for the one that facies your Taste.

Hi guys,

I've seen @Biggs previously speak highly of a match format for online created by @MattW.

I've done some seraching but couldn't find details, could anyone point me in the right direction.

Does anyone have any other match formats they like to use for a quick pick up n play multiplayer game.

Thanks

Link's in my sig.

I've also played a 2 wicket an innings variant, which works well as well - just depends how much time you have to play.

Link's in my sig.

I've also played a 2 wicket an innings variant, which works well as well - just depends how much time you have to play.

Thanks, can't believe I never spotted that...

Just for my own interest, any reason for the 7 ball overs?

Also, I see that you have ticked bolwer caps; with no limit to the overs in an innings how does the computer calculate the cap?

Because 6 ball overs have only 6 balls... everybody wants 7.

Can someone explain to me the point of playing a Test match setup with only one wicket per innings? Wouldn't that mean you could essentially have an entire match finished in about a minute and a half flat if both players bowl a couple of corkers?

Can someone explain to me the point of playing a Test match setup with only one wicket per innings? Wouldn't that mean you could essentially have an entire match finished in about a minute and a half flat if both players bowl a couple of corkers?
It is a way of having manageable match lengths without turning it into a slogfest like a F5/T10 match, where you have so many wickets in hand that losing a couple doesn't matter as long as your score ends up big in the end.

By only having one wicket, you have to play cautiously - score runs when they are there, and perhaps even defend if they aren't. Because the batting is like that, you also need to bowl much better to get a wicket - because you can't just rely on them slightly mistiming an aggressive shot.

It's enjoyable and feels like cricket in a way the short matches don't.

you could essentially have an entire match finished in about a minute and a half flat if both players bowl a couple of corkers?

Yup, you absolutely do get a couple of innings when you first up start playing that only last about 5mins. But the beauty of that format is you get a second shot and the amount of times I've been bowled out for 10 in the first innings only to knuckle down and take my finger of the trigger and score 50 odd then declare are plenty. What you find is the more you play that format, the better the experience gets and you get a "cricket feel" online experience that lasts 20 - 30mins vs. a 10 over slogfest where there's no skill or tactics involved for either batters or bowlers.

We've also done a "Super Test II" format which has two wickets, but 3 ball overs so you get a variety of bowling and shorter overs which helps again, give that test-match feel without having to dedicate hours to a match over a few days.

....speaking of dedicating hours to a match, @MattW we're due.

Users who are viewing this thread