Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aditya was giving a reply to fardin's comments. he was not joining into the argument favoring fardin.

Saqlain Khan said:
lol, you (aditya and fardin) are both forgetting that you are dealing with very unpridictable and inconsistent sides here.. to pick the result - okay, that can be understood with india and pakistan but, to prognosticate the exact flow of the match is nothing short of absurd and is quite frankly harebrained. i cannot guarantee that what you two predicted will not happen because as i said - pretty much anything can happen, but i think we should all just take whatever comes and enjoy it, because at the end of the day, cricket is cricket, and in another catorgory alltogether there is india cricket vs pakistan cricket.. savour it friends and watch and see..!
Yup I agree wid that. India and Pakistan along with West Indies are three of the most unpredictable teams in international cricket. You never know which one is gonna show up.

However I stick with my 4-2 prediction that I had made before the tour had started!

I quite preferred my analysis, aditya. :p :D It made things a little more realistic at only 330 and not 360. But I totally understand where you are coming from. Yes, indeed 360 is a very possible target. And since Pakistan will be making 300 according to Fardin's careful calculations, India will have the match in the bag.

I suspect Ganguly coming back to form in the Second ODI. A half-century would also do his confidence a world of good. All he needs is some time to settle and some luck. Rather than slogging his way out of form, he should try to play his natural game with some cautiousness (Over-cautiousness would be bad too). All the matches will be invariably played on batting pitches and I think Ganguly might just start clicking once more.

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
I suspect Ganguly coming back to form in the Second ODI. A half-century would also do his confidence a world of good. All he needs is some time to settle and some luck. Rather than slogging his way out of form, he should try to play his natural game with some cautiousness (Over-cautiousness would be bad too). All the matches will be invariably played on batting pitches and I think Ganguly might just start clicking once more.
Well if you ask me, I rate Ganguly as one of the best players of the modern game. But his form in the past two years or so has been well below par, and if doesnt perform in this series, then I guess its will be the last time we'll see the bengal tiger in an indian jersey.

m_vaughan said:
Well if you ask me, I rate Ganguly as one of the best players of the modern game. But his form in the past two years or so has been well below par, and if doesnt perform in this series, then I guess its will be the last time we'll see the bengal tiger in an indian jersey.

Saying that if he fails, it might be the last time he wears the Indian jersey is way too far.

He is too good a player to be totally thrown out of the team. He might be given an indefinite rest but not a total throwout!

I wish he comes back to form this series and more importantly, leads India to a series win

guys who is going to win the next odi i thing pakistan going to win and also shahid afridi should open the inning with salman butt not with akmal.

Wow.. nice start Inzi, you do realize you are on page FIFTY-FIVE of the same discussion right?
Just kidding though. Nice to see another Paki supporter here in cyberland. Now it only remains to be seen whether you "pull a Fardin" anytime soon.

Inzaman has told that the team which wins the toss will surely win the match.

Hope Gamguly wins the toss. :)

muhammad_inzi said:
guys who is going to win the next odi i thing pakistan going to win and also shahid afridi should open the inning with salman butt not with akmal.
Asad man there is no point in sending Afridi opening in the first inning. He should be sent in like during the last few overs of the first inning or opening of the 2nd inning.

cheaterr said:
Asad man there is no point in sending Afridi opening in the first inning. He should be sent in like during the last few overs of the first inning or opening of the 2nd inning.

that is exactly right... afridi will be a lot more devestating when sent in at the right time, and more often than not he is nothing short of devestating whilst batting down the order in the first innings and getting the team of to a flyer whilst opening in the second.

sohummisra said:
I quite preferred my analysis, aditya. :p :D It made things a little more realistic at only 330 and not 360. But I totally understand where you are coming from. Yes, indeed 360 is a very possible target. And since Pakistan will be making 300 according to Fardin's careful calculations, India will have the match in the bag.

A good start will Take The score any where between 300 and 290,Even In 1999 world cup pakistani openers with Shahid Afridi and Saeed Anwar,They were going after The bowlers Then the middle order batsman made a respectable start with picking up singeles putting up partnerships,Then there was wasim akram and moin khan who were the ones That went After the bowlers in the last remaining overs,

The first 15 overs is very crucial for any batting side,The first 15 over field restriction should really be taking advantage of and Shahid Afridi is the one who can do it for pakistan very easily,So why not sending him as an opener?Rather then at number 8 a useless spot which is usulay A tailender batting spot And Shahid Afridi no talilender.YOu will see that most people would Agree with me,Send shahid afridi as an opener other wise boycot The pakistani team :D :p

fardin said:
Send shahid afridi as an opener other wise boycot The pakistani team :D :p
Send Afridi as opener or else boycott the Pakistan team... well at least you let your true feelings show, about how much you really appreciate "your" team.

good thing about Afridi no matter which bowler it is he will samsh them for a six! We learned that from the Australia game... where the Mcgrath came back and didnt know where to bowl....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread