Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He only did well after Sehwag got out. Sehwag smashed Arshad Khan for 13 runs in his first over and after that Khan wasn't brought on till Sehwag was out. Kaneria would be harder for Sehwag to hit because he would have to hit it against the spin. Hence, there would be a chance that the ball would be just top-edged. It is also easier for a leg-spinner to keep the runs down to right handed batsmen cause you can keep pitching it up full outside leg-stump, going around the wicket.

India will win the next match too. Then Pakistan will win 3 matches in a row. India will end the tour on a winning note to win the final ODI and the ODI series will be drawn 3-3. My prediction.

rahulk666 said:
India will win the next match too. Then Pakistan will win 3 matches in a row. India will end the tour on a winning note to win the final ODI and the ODI series will be drawn 3-3. My prediction.
Well if that indeed does happen....I am sure it will raise some eyebrows.

m_vaughan said:
Well if that indeed does happen....I am sure it will raise some eyebrows.

that would definately raise eyebrows :rolleyes:

sohummisra said:
He only did well after Sehwag got out. Sehwag smashed Arshad Khan for 13 runs in his first over and after that Khan wasn't brought on till Sehwag was out. Kaneria would be harder for Sehwag to hit because he would have to hit it against the spin. Hence, there would be a chance that the ball would be just top-edged. It is also easier for a leg-spinner to keep the runs down to right handed batsmen cause you can keep pitching it up full outside leg-stump, going around the wicket.

Right,but pakistan already has a leg spinner which is Shahid Afridi,They dont need 2 leg spinners in the team,one off spinner and a leg spinner will do the job,I dont think two leg spinners will be a good having them both playing in the same match,

sehwag didnt have any problems facing kenaria in the test matches,I say give him a Try what is your prediction?He might just do well and could eventullay have a regular place in the pakistani team,But I got the feeling That pakistan wont replace Arshad Khan,Lets get it striaght with out Arshad Khan India would have made over 300,Nah I dont think he would have a chance.

jazz said:
that would definately raise eyebrows :rolleyes:

I dont think Too many eyebrows will be raised concedring That pakistan a better odi theam Then India,Eyebrows werent raised when pakistan beat india 4 times in a row,so why raise eyebrows This time?

Afridi & Akmal must exchange places next match.If Afridi openes the innings Pakistan can get about 80 runs in the first 10 overs.

He did not play his natural game batting down the order.

Now, I think India are the better equipped team to win or draw the series. I feel if the next match goes India's way, the Pakistani series win goes out of the equation becoz its too much pressure to come back and win 4 matches in a row.

If India win the next one comprehensively, I would say they will definitely win the series. If not, then that would be a big disappointment. Lets see. I am just predicting.

bharat said:
Afridi & Akmal must exchange places next match.If Afridi openes the innings Pakistan can get about 80 runs in the first 10 overs.

He did not play his natural game batting down the order.
Or he can get catch out 7 balls later. Tt's natural for players like Afridi to get out soon, players like Afridi should only go in batting when the team needs to score fast.

If Pakistan bat first next match then I don't he should open. If Pakistan are batting second next match then I think he should open or bat at 1 down.

I agree. Shahid Afridi should open the innings. Its as usual a gamble but Pakistan are wasting him by using him down at No.8 or so.

If he can click, it would mean 60-70 runs for Pakistan!! But I am sure if he opens, the battle between him and the Indian seamers Zaheer & Balaji will be interesting to see!

Shahid Afridi Is their to hit!The field restriction In Frist 15 overs will allow Afridi to play Those blistering hits over The top,If you send him at number eight Then he will be useless considering That he always pretendes to go over the top He wont middle everthing 70% would hit it far enough for a boundry If he was opening but at the last remaining overs he would get caught,

SO I totaly Agree That shahid Afridi open the batting every time for pakistan with salman butt,Send The wicket keeper at number 8,a good start,lets say from 10 overs 80 runs Then comes the stroke makers like Inzimam,Youana,and bunch more,they would put In between 100 partnership for example,the score would be 180 at that time in 35 overs or so,the comes razzaq a slogger who can smash The indian bowlers All over,consider That he puts 50 runs with in 8 overs That is 230s with some other players like salman butt and other adding approximatly 60 runs minimum,That is 290s Then 10 Extras That is 300 runs in the making,They will win easily.

Shahid Afridi doesn't need fielding restrictions because he hits them for six. He can also dent the India confidence badly. And following Fardin's structure:

Sehwag/Sachin both class players in form--they'll make 100 runs minimum together. Maybe Sehwag will get out for 60 and Tendulkar will get out for 90. Ganguly will make 0. Dravid will play solidly for at least 80. So you have at least 230. Then Yuvraj and Kaif will come in. Kaif will score 40 off 30 balls running like mad, Yuvraj will hit some big shots, maybe make like 30 runs. So that's 300. Then Pakistan will give away 40 extras so 340. Easy win for India.

fardin said:
Shahid Afridi Is their to hit!The field restriction In Frist 15 overs will allow Afridi to play Those blistering hits over The top,If you send him at number eight Then he will be useless considering That he always pretendes to go over the top He wont middle everthing 70% would hit it far enough for a boundry If he was opening but at the last remaining overs he would get caught,

SO I totaly Agree That shahid Afridi open the batting every time for pakistan with salman butt,Send The wicket keeper at number 8,a good start,lets say from 10 overs 80 runs Then comes the stroke makers like Inzimam,Youana,and bunch more,they would put In between 100 partnership for example,the score would be 180 at that time in 35 overs or so,the comes razzaq a slogger who can smash The indian bowlers All over,consider That he puts 50 runs with in 8 overs That is 230s with some other players like salman butt and other adding approximatly 60 runs minimum,That is 290s Then 10 Extras That is 300 runs in the making,They will win easily.
A typically FARDINESQUE post !!!
I think that India and Pakistan will be playing cricket on a cricket pitch and not on paper . Your post suggests that you have had a detailed discussion on what the partnerships would amount to with the PAK team management!
How can you guess which way a cricket match will go an what the scores will be even before the match has started and its even more difficult to predict things in an Indo-Pak contest . For how many years have you been watching cricket !! Grow up !
Now if i apply
FARDIN`S LAW OF CALCULATION OF TEAM TOTALS on the INDIAN BATSMAN :: If India bat first
STEP 1 : Sachin has more than 12,000 runs in Tests and Sehwag is in superb form . They will have an opening partnership of 203 in 30 overs ! LOL
Step 2: Ganguly would like to prove to his critics that he can bat and he can hit as many sixes as afridi can (he is one of the leading six hitters in cricket ) He would score about 50 of 40 balls
Score will be 250 in 40 overs
Step3 : If yuvraj singh is sent early , he would score a blistering knock of 78 of 52 balls as he did at Kolkata in the Platinum jubilee game . Score will be 328
Step 4 : with help of other contributions and extras , the total would be 360 and India will win easily !

Is it was as simple as that to predict, why would I/You watch cricket !

Last edited:
lol, you (aditya and fardin) are both forgetting that you are dealing with very unpridictable and inconsistent sides here.. to pick the result - okay, that can be understood with india and pakistan but, to prognosticate the exact flow of the match is nothing short of absurd and is quite frankly harebrained. i cannot guarantee that what you two predicted will not happen because as i said - pretty much anything can happen, but i think we should all just take whatever comes and enjoy it, because at the end of the day, cricket is cricket, and in another catorgory alltogether there is india cricket vs pakistan cricket.. savour it friends and watch and see..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread