Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well fardin was almost right. Pakistan did score almost 300 runs; just two runs short. So I'm the only one who was wrong :(. You predicted India 360 and India made 356. Fardin predicted Pakistan 300 and Pakistan 298. I predicted India 330. :(:(:(

rahulk666 said:
India will win the next match too. Then Pakistan will win 3 matches in a row. India will end the tour on a winning note to win the final ODI and the ODI series will be drawn 3-3. My prediction.

Till now my prediction is working. Pakistan should win the next three matches now.

Common Guys this thread is nearing 60 pages and i havent seen anyone giving it a RATING SO FAR, I have given my rating so do u all guys,

This thread has to get ratings mates common give some votes.

bye

:clap :cheers

Last edited:
Man!! He is back again!!
A. Agarkar has been included in the squad for 3rd and 4th ODI's against Pak due to rib injury to L. Balaji. I thought we had seen enough of this guy. There is nobody in the history of Indian Cricket who has got so many chances to comeback into the team. What are the selectors thinking?? I heard we had some budding fast bowlers in R. Patel, SS Paul, Bhandari... Why not give them a chance??
Frankly speaking, India does not even need a third fast bowler. I think they should have included J.P. Yadav or some spinner like Romesh Powar, or A. Mishra or M. Kartik as a backup option for L. Balaji.
I hope Agarkar does not make it to final XI. God help India if he makes it though.

Agarkar is not that bad. True, he is inconsistent and not exactly economical, but he's a wicket taking bowler, possesing a natural outswinger which adds a bit of variety to the bowling attack. Plus he can bat a bit as well, and is pretty good in the fielding, with an especially good throw.

preet said:
Man I think from now Dhoni should come on # 3. This guy surprised me. :) :) :cheers 148!!!!!! Whata knock by the young man. :happy :happy

I say whoever was behind this decision to promote Dhoni to No.3, this is just brilliant stuff.

I have to salute them for this decision. Yuvraj could have come in there or Kaif could have been brought there. But Dhoni?? What a surprusing decision and see what it has done!!!

Awesome win for India. They are finding their feet but i hope they keep this up and aim for bigger things.

ritwik said:
Agarkar is not that bad. True, he is inconsistent and not exactly economical,
Well, do we need an inconsistent and uneconomical bowler in ODI's where inspite of good bowling, oppositions are able to score 300+ on regular basis now (at least in India)?

ritwik said:
but he's a wicket taking bowler, possesing a natural outswinger which adds a bit of variety to the bowling attack.
I think Indian fast bowling has enough variety right now. Zaheer likes to hit the deck. Nehra and Pathan can swing the bowl both ways and are left handed. Balaji also swings the ball both ways and is right handed.

ritwik said:
Plus he can bat a bit as well, and is pretty good in the fielding, with an especially good throw.
Do we really need another batsman? Zaheer, Pathan, Harbhajan are capable of putting something on the board and we have Dhoni now (although we need to see his consistency).

saisrini80 said:
I say whoever was behind this decision to promote Dhoni to No.3, this is just brilliant stuff.

I have to salute them for this decision. Yuvraj could have come in there or Kaif could have been brought there. But Dhoni?? What a surprusing decision and see what it has done!!!

Awesome win for India. They are finding their feet but i hope they keep this up and aim for bigger things.
I think the younger lot (Yuvi, Kaif, Sehwag) would have convinced Ganguly and/or Wright in taking this decision. The younger lot must have seen this guy bat and would have wanted to give him a shot. Although Ganguly himself might have seen him in the nets, and would have thought of this experiment.
I think Dhoni should come at #3 only if an early wicket falls. Ganguly coming at #3 is just too risky as India could easily lose another wicket given the captain's form. I think Kaif is an ideal choice for #3 if the 1st wicket falls after 15 overs as he likes to rotate the strike and is great runner between the wickets. Kaif and Dravid is ideal pair to be batting between 20-25 to 40 overs.

Last edited:
guys here the scorecard of 2nd odi

Result: India won by 58 runs
Series: India leads the 6-ODI series 2-0

Toss: India
Umpires: BF Bowden (NZ) and AV Jayaprakash
TV Umpire: I Shivram
Match Referee: BC Broad (Eng)
Man of the Match: MS Dhoni

India innings (50 overs maximum) R M B 4 6
V Sehwag c Salman Butt b Naved-ul-Hasan 74 67 40 12 2
SR Tendulkar run out (Yousuf Youhana) 2 17 8 0 0
+MS Dhoni c Shoaib Malik b Mohammad Hafeez 148 155 123 15 4
*SC Ganguly b Mohammad Sami 9 24 22 1 0
R Dravid c Shahid Afridi b Naved-ul-Hasan 52 83 59 3 0
Yuvraj Singh lbw b Arshad Khan 15 21 10 2 0
M Kaif lbw b Naved-ul-Hasan 0 2 1 0 0
Harbhajan Singh b Arshad Khan 11 20 16 1 0
L Balaji not out 17 19 13 0 1
Z Khan c Abdul Razzaq b Mohammad Hafeez 17 11 9 0 2
Extras (lb 2, w 8, nb 1) 11
Total (9 wickets, 50 overs, 214 mins) 356

DNB: A Nehra.

FoW: 1-26 (Tendulkar, 3.2 ov), 2-122 (Sehwag, 13.4 ov),
3-140 (Ganguly, 19.2 ov), 4-289 (Dhoni, 41.2 ov),
5-300 (Dravid, 42.1 ov), 6-301 (Kaif, 42.4 ov),
7-318 (Yuvraj Singh, 45.5 ov), 8-325 (Harbhajan Singh, 47.2 ov),
9-356 (Khan, 49.6 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Mohammad Sami 9 0 65 1 (3w)
Naved-ul-Hasan 10 0 54 3 (1nb, 1w)
Abdul Razzaq 10 0 55 0
Shahid Afridi 9 0 82 0 (2w)
Arshad Khan 5 0 43 2 (1w)
Mohammad Hafeez 7 0 55 2

Pakistan innings (target: 357 runs from 50 overs) R M B 4 6
Salman Butt c Sehwag b Nehra 36 69 32 7 0
Shahid Afridi b Nehra 0 9 2 0 0
Abdul Razzaq c Dhoni b Yuvraj Singh 88 126 93 13 1
*Inzamam-ul-Haq run out (Harbhajan Singh/Tendulkar) 16 35 13 0 1
Yousuf Youhana c Kaif b Nehra 71 86 56 2 4
Shoaib Malik c Sehwag b Yuvraj Singh 12 21 12 1 0
Mohammad Hafeez c Balaji b Yuvraj Singh 7 11 7 1 0
+Kamran Akmal lbw b Khan 41 55 28 4 1
Naved-ul-Hasan c Dhoni b Nehra 2 10 9 0 0
Mohammad Sami c Yuvraj Singh b Harbhajan Singh 2 18 9 0 0
Arshad Khan not out 2 2 4 0 0
Extras (lb 6, w 15) 21
Total (all out, 44.1 overs, 224 mins) 298

FoW: 1-5 (Shahid Afridi, 1.2 ov), 2-89 (Salman Butt, 12.6 ov),
3-129 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, 19.1 ov), 4-176 (Abdul Razzaq, 27.2 ov),
5-204 (Shoaib Malik, 31.2 ov), 6-222 (Mohammad Hafeez, 33.3 ov),
7-263 (Yousuf Youhana, 38.1 ov), 8-268 (Naved-ul-Hasan, 40.4 ov),
9-296 (Mohammad Sami, 43.2 ov), 10-298 (Kamran Akmal, 44.1 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Balaji 6 0 33 0 (2w)
Nehra 10 0 72 4 (2w)
Khan 6.1 0 38 1 (1w)
Tendulkar 7 0 44 0 (3w)
Harbhajan Singh 7 0 50 1 (2w)
Yuvraj Singh 8 0 55 3

Well WE WON ONCE AGIAN:D 2-0 for us... Sehwag is the most dangerous man for pakistan and the best man for india... I think it was because of him that Dhoni felt confident and started to hit with sehwag... Those two where there and killing team pakistan's Bowlers that was pretty amazing... sadly sehwag got out on 74 i think but it was a good innings Dhoni killing it 148 his high which is really good... His high score before was about 22...So i think the reason why he made that was a good confidence boost by sehwag... I am really happy india won this match... Hindustan Zindabad- for our english people i said long live india :)

rahulk666 said:
Well, do we need an inconsistent and uneconomical bowler in ODI's where inspite of good bowling, oppositions are able to score 300+ on regular basis now (at least in India)?

I think Indian fast bowling has enough variety right now. Zaheer likes to hit the deck. Nehra and Pathan can swing the bowl both ways and are left handed. Balaji also swings the ball both ways and is right handed.

Do we really need another batsman? Zaheer, Pathan, Harbhajan are capable of putting something on the board and we have Dhoni now (although we need to see his consistency).

I think the younger lot (Yuvi, Kaif, Sehwag) would have convinced Ganguly and/or Wright in taking this decision. The younger lot must have seen this guy bat and would have wanted to give him a shot. Although Ganguly himself might have seen him in the nets, and would have thought of this experiment.
I think Dhoni should come at #3 only if an early wicket falls. Ganguly coming at #3 is just too risky as India could easily lose another wicket given the captain's form. I think Kaif is an ideal choice for #3 if the 1st wicket falls after 15 overs as he likes to rotate the strike and is great runner between the wickets. Kaif and Dravid is ideal pair to be batting between 20-25 to 40 overs.

Ha Ha man. When Ganguly is going through a bad time, you strip him of even the good moves that he makes. Finally, its all down to the captain's decision and i am sure you have to compliment him for that decision.

do you really think yuvraj, kaif and sehwag can make an impact in the captain of coach's decision? esp. when dhoni failed in the previous few innings??

As Aditya said ,Dhoni is a Gilchrist in the making.

We have to wait and see before coming to this conclusion.If he maintains his form,it's good for India.

Agarkar dosen't deserve a place in the team.
Yougsters must be given chances,like what Rahulk said.
It's better India plays,Harbajan-Murali Kartik & Zaheer-Irfan as the frontline bowlers.

Inzy may be fined for his unsportive and agressive behaviour on the field.Comentators were telling about this.

Yes, with the performance of Sehwag and Dravid and now Dhoni, Sachin's two failures have been completely overlooked. He may need to come up with the goods next time though. Sehwag's form has been absolutely blistering this series--its brilliant to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread