Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Originally Posted by shahid6995
Comparing Dhoni to Gilchrist after one innings?? Give me a bloody break."

lol..go have your break. I think you have to read the whole post carefully b4 commenting. Like bharat said..Dhoni is definitely in the making of a good keeper, like Gilchrist...but he has to PERFORM consistently. I think u missed that point.

"
And for all we could know he just got lucky this match...maybe he might play like ganguly is right now"
the same could be said about other players mate, in any team! I think some people are too pessimistic to watch cricket. You gotta be sportive.

Dhoni deserved what he got today and hopefully much more.

I don't think Dhoni just got lucky he is a talented batsmen and could smashed up the ball just like sewag does. Dhoni also has the talent to smashed the ball and be on fire. Well let's see next match how he plays on next match.

saisrini80 said:
It wasnt a lucky innings.. he has displayed his talent.. he is a very talented youngster.

now what we need from him to always keep his head down and play the way he always does. he has lot of fire (passion) which he should not lose in the subsquent matches. and more importantly, from now on, he needs more of luck.

How many of you are betting on a Pakistan win in the 3rd ODI? I am!! I feel they will win this time!

Same with me sai,Good win by india,Just watched the Frist match,The one thing that india Is more ken In succeding Is their fielding of course,Just watched The first match and took some notice,The indian fielding was very good They were not missing any catches at all,Zaheer khan took a great catch to dismiss youhana,And ganguly(dada)took a good catch to dismiss salman butt,

Lets say that sehwag was In the pakistani team,(as you all remember sehwag was dropped by the pakistan fielder hafeez in the first match and In the first ball)If India was fielding They would have taken That catch easily and I am sure If it wasnt for that catch pakistan would have won easily,You got to be very good at fielding in order to win matches againts good teams,

Now Bob woolmer He cant be The fielding coach and The batting and bowling coach at the same time,they got to find a coach for fielding particulary because If you miss direct hits and missing easy chances you will pay for it heavily,Last year Rahul Dravid was dopped by nazir and he went to make 270 runs,These well talented guys will make you pay if you give them easy chances,Now pakistan cant be letting these things happen to them,They really have to work on their fielding specially,I think poor fielding will cost them this series,

I must Say that pakistan will come back,they wont let This series be won by india easily,But last two games India performed very well(not be harsh on the indian friends)but this game might be in pakisans hand.

saisrini80 said:
It wasnt a lucky innings.. he has displayed his talent.. he is a very talented youngster.

now what we need from him to always keep his head down and play the way he always does. he has lot of fire (passion) which he should not lose in the subsquent matches. and more importantly, from now on, he needs more of luck.

How many of you are betting on a Pakistan win in the 3rd ODI? I am!! I feel they will win this time!
Me right here...30 on pakistan already

Did you guys notice that When Pakistan was batting. So Yohhana was injured in between of the match Yohhanna and Gangully were squabblling and arguing with each other. Just have a look at the video only for India and Paksitani people they were aguing in Hindi. Just have a look.

fardin said:
What were they saying vibs?

Did you check the video out. I have posted the video with blue line. Ok Gangully was saying to umpire that tell youhanna to not to waste the time. So yohaana heard it and then Blah-Blah. Gangully said i'm you saying you doing perpously by wasting time. And then something they said. I din't get it exactly what they were talking about.

i heard ganguly saying time or something...probably the over-rate or something. Its a bit harsh from ganguly if he really was saying that.

whats harsh abt it? it seemed he was tellin Youhana that u better hurry up in getting that plaster done...Youhana and the physio were too relaxed - naturally - coz they wanted to slow the proceedings down and Ganguly was right in tellin them his mind coz he wouldn't be interested in slowing matters down...

btw, overrate after the Clive Lloyd episode wouldn't worry him too much... :)

aditya123 said:
fardin , your theory of calculating scores did not work in case of your prediction but it certainly did work in case of predictions made by myself and sohum !
Well Done India !
Have we found an A.Gilchrist ! Just Kiding
Gilly is a genius and Dhoni will have to prove himself day in day out to achieve that status
I just now went through the last 3 pages and i think many of u felt that I had jumped the gun in case of my comment of India finding an A.Gilchrist
Did u not read the next line posted by me in the same post
I know as well as all indians in th forum that Gilchrist has taken batting to a different height and Dhoni needs to perform consistently against better oppositions ( with all due respect to the PAK bowling ) on tougher batting conditions (at least tougher batting conditions than Vizag) . Only then can we even consider him to be half as good as Gilly

I saw the video.I hear him saying I'm speaking to you.don't waste time or I would be fined.

Ganguly must have said that because he was fined for slow over rate after the jublee match at Kolkata.Salam Butt had wasted all the time on the field.

Later when BCCI filed a petition and after seeing clips Ganguly was freed.

Ganguly didn't wan't to be caught becasue Pakistan wasted time.

Last edited:
Ah what pointless discussion has occupied the last two pages. What are we possibly going to get from comparing Dhoni to Gilchrist at this day and age. The problem with India's wicketkeepers in the past has been that they can bat but they cannot keep. Sure they can pull off a few stunners but nothing consistent. Dhoni is a good batsman at domestic level. As far as I am concerned he has to convince me with the gloves.

Sure you'll say that it was such a good innings to pull off in his fifth. Why don't you look at his average...it's probably 50+. That's better than Sachin, Dravid and Sourav. Definitely quality material. They say don't judge a book by its cover--this is probably the cover. Ajit Agarkar got a century against England in test cricket. Apart from a few wondrous straight drives and a few sixes, most of his runs came at third man. Gilchrist is a good batsman but he's also a good keeper. You'll seldom see Gilly drop a catch. That is his contribution to the team, essentially.

As for a bounce-back, I'm afraid Pakistan will pull off some sort of weird trick and drop someone to get Younis Khan back. They'll probably drop Shoaib Malik, I feel. Or Mohamamd Hafeez, although he is bowling a bit. Pakistan's bowling line-up has almost nothing in it. Sami is quick but far too erratic to cause trouble. Arshad Khan is an off-spinner and will almost have no effect on the game. Hafeez is a part-timer as far as I'm concerned. Rana Naved-ul-Hasan has the heart and the aggression but he doesn't have the pace. You guys are sorely missing a match-winning fast-bowler, especially since you had 2 in your previous team.

However, ODI games are batting-based. I believe Pakistan could have got very close to winning, if not win, this match if Inzy was there. Similar to the ODI in Pakistan where India made 349 or something and Pakistan fell short by a few runs. I think the average score for ODIs is now on the up to about 250-280. Everything in that range is mediocre while anything higher is slightly advantageous. Its the era of batsmen and everyone is doing everything to help it.

Everyone is predicting Pakistan to win the next match. 117 reps against 1 is hard to beat even for India and Dhoni :)

rahulk666 said:
Everyone is predicting Pakistan to win the next match. 117 reps against 1 is hard to beat even for India and Dhoni :)

I have also voted for a Pakistani win though I would be more than happy if I lose those rep points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread