Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
sohummisra said:
Ah what pointless discussion has occupied the last two pages. What are we possibly going to get from comparing Dhoni to Gilchrist at this day and age. The problem with India's wicketkeepers in the past has been that they can bat but they cannot keep. Sure they can pull off a few stunners but nothing consistent. Dhoni is a good batsman at domestic level. As far as I am concerned he has to convince me with the gloves.

Sure you'll say that it was such a good innings to pull off in his fifth. Why don't you look at his average...it's probably 50+. That's better than Sachin, Dravid and Sourav. Definitely quality material. They say don't judge a book by its cover--this is probably the cover. Ajit Agarkar got a century against England in test cricket. Apart from a few wondrous straight drives and a few sixes, most of his runs came at third man. Gilchrist is a good batsman but he's also a good keeper. You'll seldom see Gilly drop a catch. That is his contribution to the team, essentially.

As for a bounce-back, I'm afraid Pakistan will pull off some sort of weird trick and drop someone to get Younis Khan back. They'll probably drop Shoaib Malik, I feel. Or Mohamamd Hafeez, although he is bowling a bit. Pakistan's bowling line-up has almost nothing in it. Sami is quick but far too erratic to cause trouble. Arshad Khan is an off-spinner and will almost have no effect on the game. Hafeez is a part-timer as far as I'm concerned. Rana Naved-ul-Hasan has the heart and the aggression but he doesn't have the pace. You guys are sorely missing a match-winning fast-bowler, especially since you had 2 in your previous team.

However, ODI games are batting-based. I believe Pakistan could have got very close to winning, if not win, this match if Inzy was there. Similar to the ODI in Pakistan where India made 349 or something and Pakistan fell short by a few runs. I think the average score for ODIs is now on the up to about 250-280. Everything in that range is mediocre while anything higher is slightly advantageous. Its the era of batsmen and everyone is doing everything to help it.

The toss has been crucial In both games and Inzamam Has lost Both of them,
Luck was In Inzmam's Side when India toured Pakistan back in 2004,He almost won every toss In that Odi series exept The last match Where He lost The toss and lost The match,

I have also this Feeling That pakistan might drop some one and bring Younis Khan,I think shoaib Akhtar is Also fit,He bowled 4 overs playing for domestic team(not sure)with out any problems,The fielding had sucked for pakistan,They have the worse fielding team in my point of view,They need to practice on their fielding.Catches win matches And pakistan had dropped some stunners,Dropping Sehwag both occasions in one match where he made a hundreth,nothing is going in pakistans way At the moment They shall be hoping for a better result in The third match :happy

fardin said:
I think shoaib Akhtar is Also fit,He bowled 4 overs playing for domestic team(not sure)with out any problems,

bowling 4 overs doesnt mean your fit he still could be carrying pain

the question is can he bowl 10 overs without conceding too many runs?

fardin said:
The toss has been crucial In both games and Inzamam Has lost Both of them,
Luck was In Inzmam's Side when India toured Pakistan back in 2004,He almost won every toss In that Odi series exept The last match Where He lost The toss and lost The match,

I have also this Feeling That pakistan might drop some one and bring Younis Khan,I think shoaib Akhtar is Also fit,He bowled 4 overs playing for domestic team(not sure)with out any problems,The fielding had sucked for pakistan,They have the worse fielding team in my point of view,They need to practice on their fielding.Catches win matches And pakistan had dropped some stunners,Dropping Sehwag both occasions in one match where he made a hundreth,nothing is going in pakistans way At the moment They shall be hoping for a better result in The third match :happy

Yes. Seems like lot are betting on a Pakistani win (including me). Would be a great loss of reputation points for many if India win the 3rd ODI

younis khan will probably be brought back the olnly reason he didnt play the 2nd game was because he wasnt feeling good and needed rest.

Pak_cricketer said:
younis khan will probably be brought back the olnly reason he didnt play the 2nd game was because he wasnt feeling good and needed rest.

Lot of Pakistanis are pining their hopes on Younis Khan??

even though younis khan is a great player i still dont think he is pakistans answer to beating india. if india continue they way they are now in my opinion they can beat any team in the world but they lack consistency and teams like australia dont

My stake 130,That is just craziness,Depending on your team To win and End up losing Will be just as harsh as losing 130 dollars.

jazz said:
even though younis khan is a great player i still dont think he is pakistans answer to beating india. if india continue they way they are now in my opinion they can beat any team in the world but they lack consistency and teams like australia dont

Is shoaib malik clear to bowl?If so Then no need to bring Younis Khan back!Younis Khan can bat But They already have too many stroke Maker's In The team,Hafeez,inzama,youhana,salman butt,etc,You cant do That so A better choice will be bringing a new bowler,Khalil has already deported back to pakistan,They have to look for some one else I don have a Answer for That

bharat said:
Sai be prepared to loose ur reps.

i sure am too happy to lose those reps if it comes at the cost of an indian win.

but i have lost far too many reps so i am trying to bet on pakistan and see if i get some reps.. i betted on pakistan in the 2nd odi too and lost it. but let me take another chance.

saisrini80 said:
i sure am too happy to lose those reps if it comes at the cost of an indian win.

but i have lost far too many reps so i am trying to bet on pakistan and see if i get some reps.. i betted on pakistan in the 2nd odi too and lost it. but let me take another chance.

Good To see and indian Supporting pakistan :happy

bharat said:
I saw the video.I hear him saying I'm speaking to you.don't waste time or I would be fined.

Ganguly must have said that because he was fined for slow over rate after the jublee match at Kolkata.Salam Butt had wasted all the time on the field.

Later when BCCI filed a petition and after seeing clips Ganguly was freed.

Ganguly didn't wan't to be caught becasue Pakistan wasted time.
I think it was a bit harsh on the way Ganguly was talking. I mean he is right, ICC is going to go after him and fine him for the slow over rate but he could have gone up to Youhana and asked him nicely to continue the game because he was going to get fined. He did not need to argue with him about that. Ganguly has a serious attitude problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread